Intern, Digital Marketing & Social Media: 2020-2265
- Washington, DC
The Digital Marketing and Social Media Intern works primarily on-site at one of the six award-winning Headfirst Summer Camps locations in the greater Washington, D.C. metro areas. The Digital Marketing and Social Media Intern will be responsible for packaging and promoting the extraordinary camp experience to camp families via a camp blog and various social media channels that are updated throughout the day with photos and captions from camp in order to give parents insight and visibility into their camper’s activities. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and the attention to detail necessary to create exceptional work product representative of the Headfirst Companies’ brand.
What You'll Do:
- Become a brand master of the Headfirst Companies and Headfirst Summer Camps.
- Create varied forms of social media content – both written and multimedia – to engage enrolled and prospective camp families, as well as other stakeholders and online audiences.
- Take pictures of day to day activities while adhering to proper safety, privacy, and photography policies so as to give parents and families insight into the camp day and activities.
- Upload photos to the blog site and create captions and content for posts.
- Ensure a wide variety of campers are showcased on the blog and in social media posts.
- Express the Headfirst Companies ethos, mission, and brand through consistent and compelling content updates.
- Educate enrolled and prospective families on events, programs, policies, and procedures through the blog.
- Assist in the development of print and online marketing materials as needed.
- Take on additional responsibilities & tasks as identified or requested by Headfirst leadership.
- Completed at least your freshman year at an accredited undergraduate institution, preferably in pursuit of an undergraduate degree in business, communications, English, marketing, photography, public relations, or other related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred: Professional social media or blogging
- Preferred: Prior use and understanding of WordPress and/or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator).
- Preferred: A strong creative eye, and thorough understanding of photo composition.
- A solution-oriented individual who shares The Headfirst Companies’ core mission and values, and believes in our ability to work together to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults.
- A motivated self-starter who is autonomous and dependable.
- A entrepreneurial executor who takes pride in doing what it takes to get the job done, and done well, every day.
- An independent thinker who assumes responsibility beyond what is asked, and takes initiative for positive change.
- A consummate professional who possesses the ability to prioritize and multi-task, managing several projects concurrently, sometimes under pressure, and often with tight deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- A positive, high-EQ team player who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A humble and enthusiastic leader who possesses the passion and polish to serve as an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
- A flexible, coachable, and down-to-earth teammate who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection, and by both providing and receiving thoughtful, constructive performance feedback.
The Headfirst Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers
Back to top