Innovators, Inc. Program Leader, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2019-1979
The Innovators, Inc. Program Leader for Headfirst Summer Camps will work on-site at our Oakton, Virginia location as the leader of our STEAM-based curriculum for rising 2nd through 3rd grade. The Innovators, Inc. Program Leader is passionate about fostering interdisciplinary growth through an immersive storyline and team challenges. The weekly themes, such as urban planning, world cultures, and the science of nutrition, hit on concepts from science, technology, engineering, the arts, and mathematics, allowing all campers to shine. Each week, the Innovators, Inc. Program Leader will support campers as they collaborate on projects to solve a culminating problem. While working alongside their team members, the Innovators, Inc. Program Leader will facilitate transformational learning opportunities for campers, providing the enthusiasm necessary to bring the projects to life. As the on-site expert for the Innovators, Inc. program, they will implement our curriculum with excellence while producing extraordinary experiences for each camper.
What You'll Do:
- Go Full STEAM Ahead. As our most inter-disciplinary curriculum, you are equally passionate about puzzles, play, and performance! Your infectious positivity and eagerness inspires campers across content areas. From reconstructing the Eiffel Tower to simulating a hurricane, you dive into projects of all disciplines with the same level of enthusiasm.
- Think Strategically. Our curriculum is what sets us apart, and you naturally look for ways to innovate and improve upon what we develop. By working closely with our headquarters team, you anticipate issues before they occur as well as appropriately communicating challenges along the way.
- Care for All Campers. Due to varying experience levels and learning profiles, every camper has different criteria to set them up for success. You will ensure that each camper has a personalized and impactful experience through hands-on projects to have the best day ever, every day.
- Work as a Team. You will work directly alongside your Innovators, Inc. team members to create the best experience possible for all campers. By providing guidance on how to enthusiastically implement curriculum, you lead by example and encourage professional development in staff.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have:
- Completed at least three (3) years at an accredited undergraduate institution.
- Housing in the DC-metropolitan area and transportation to the location of your employment.
- CPR & First Aid Certification or ability to complete CPR & First Aid Certification prior to June 1st, 2019.
- You are:
- Mission Driven. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
- A Positive Leader. You will be working directly with fellow on-site leadership and headquarters team members, as well as setting the standard of excellence for other seasonal team members.
- Driven by the Details. You love organization and planning ahead and know that being effective in your role is tied to remembering the minor details.
- A Coachable, Motivated Teammate. You know what it means to go above and beyond the call of duty.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top