Innovators, Inc. Program Leader: 2020-2209
Each week, the Innovators, Inc. Program Leader will support campers as they collaborate on projects to solve a culminating problem centered in STEM & the creative arts. Reporting to the Assistant Director - Programming, the Innovators, Inc. Program Leader will facilitate transformational learning opportunities for campers, providing the enthusiasm necessary to bring the projects to life.
What You'll Do:
- Go Full STEAM Ahead. As our most inter-disciplinary curriculum, you are equally passionate about puzzles, play, and performance! Your infectious positivity and eagerness inspires campers across content areas. From culinary explorations to the fine arts, you dive into projects of all disciplines with the same level of enthusiasm.
- Think Strategically. Our curriculum is what sets us apart, and you naturally look for ways to innovate and improve upon what we develop. By working closely with our headquarters team, you anticipate issues before they occur as well as appropriately communicating challenges along the way.
- Care for All Campers. Due to varying experience levels and learning profiles, every camper has different criteria to set them up for success. You will ensure that each camper has a personalized and impactful experience through hands-on projects to have the best day ever, every day.
- Work as a Team. You will work directly alongside your Innovators, Inc. team members to create the best experience possible for all campers. By providing guidance on how to enthusiastically implement curriculum, you lead by example and encourage professional development in staff.
- Train Your Team. Facilitation of training is an essential element of your role. You will use Headfirst provided resources to train your staff on expectations, roles, responsibilities and best practices to ensure the productivity, engagement and overall job satisfaction of your team.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have completed at least three (3) years at an accredited undergraduate institution or have equivalent educational experience.
- You have one (1) year of relevant professional experience working with children, preferably in an educational setting.
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You lead by example. By balancing the composure, integrity, clarity and empathy necessary to act as a positive influence on your team and Headfirst as a whole, you are a natural leader who works with a sense of urgency and commitment necessary to achieve our business objectives.
- You are solution-oriented. You thrive in an environment that pushes you to think outside of the box, working with your team to brainstorm and innovate for all obstacles you face.
- You are an agile and strategic problem-solver. You understand that as a business grows, its practices, processes and policies may need to as well, and you’re not afraid to innovate with a collaborative approach.
What You'll Gain:
- Coaching & Professional Development Skills. You will be the guide and leader for your program and will provide your team of counselors with valuable feedback to improve what they do, every day.
- Curriculum Implementation. Together, we aim to unlock the personal best in every child, and through our experiential, research-based curriculum you will gain experience in educational instruction and facilitation.
- Logistics & Operations Experience. Being the lead isn’t for everyone, but by managing your own program you will be responsible for managing the moving pieces of materials and curriculum elements with our in-house operations team.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top