Innovators, Inc. Counselor, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2020-2204
Each week, the Innovators, Inc. Counselors will support campers as they collaborate on projects to solve a culminating problem centered in STEM & the creative arts. Reporting to the Innovators, Inc. Program Leader, they will help to produce transformational experiences for campers through curriculum, providing the enthusiasm necessary to bring each theme to life.
What You'll Do:
- Go Full STEAM Ahead. As our most inter-disciplinary curriculum, you are equally passionate about puzzles, play, and performance! Your infectious positivity and eagerness inspires campers across content areas. From culinary explorations to the fine arts, you dive into projects of all disciplines with the same level of enthusiasm.
- Care for Campers. You work directly with campers throughout the summer and are responsible for allowing campers to develop their learning through hands-on exploration. With the help of your Innovators, Inc. Program Leader, you will work to bring the bring the best out of every camper throughout the summer.
- Contribute to the Community. As a counselor with Headfirst Summer Camps, you are part of something larger than yourself, and you thrive as part of a team. You know how your actions can directly impact everyone around you and are constantly looking for ways to collaborate with and build up your fellow counselors.
- Take on the Challenge of the Day. You will be responsible for your group throughout the day, keeping the emotional and physical safety of your campers as your priority. Due to the wide variety of abilities and interests captured in our Innovators, Inc. program, you provide personalized support for each camper.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have graduated from high school or have equivalent educational experience. (If you are still in high school, please apply for our Junior Counselor role).
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You are curious, flexible and ever-learning. You constantly seek out new ways to improve the eHeaheHeadfirst camper experience and your own contributions to it through continued refinement of your knowledge, skills & abilities.
- You are a self-starter. By approaching daily hurdles head on, you face every day with a natural sense of urgency and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- You are a coachable and motivated teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through experience, challenging yourself to go above and beyond the call of duty.
What You'll Gain:
- Adaptive Thinking. Thinking on the fly? You’ll get that at Headfirst – whether it’s adapting a project or knowing when to use a name-game, you’ll be best in class when it comes to thinking on your feet.
- Group Management. Here, you’re more than just a counselor. You will be the role model, superhero and leader for your group of campers by fostering an environment of growth and compassion.
- Exposure to a Professional Environment. So, we’re a little picky. We expect a lot of our team but give you as much in return through consistent feedback, fair expectations and values-based incentives.
- A Team like Family. There’s something about camp that brings people together. Here you’ll get to meet new friends, while forging stronger bonds with people you know.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top