Innovators, Inc. Counselor, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2019-1982
Innovators, Inc. Counselors for Headfirst Summer Camps will work on site at our Bethesda, Maryland location in our STEAM-based programming for campers in rising 2nd through 3rd grades. The Innovators, Inc. Program Leader is passionate about fostering interdisciplinary growth through an immersive storyline and team challenges. The weekly themes, such as urban planning, world cultures, and the science of nutrition, hit on concepts from science, technology, engineering, the arts, and mathematics, allowing all campers to shine. Each week, the Innovators, Inc. Program Leader will support campers as they collaborate on projects to solve a culminating problem. While working closely with their Innovators, Inc. Program Leader, they will help to produce transformational experiences for campers through curriculum, providing the enthusiasm necessary to bring each theme to life. Above all, they focus on building connections with their camp group, taking personal responsibility for each camper’s well-being, enjoyment, and development.
What You'll Do:
- Go Full STEAM Ahead. As our most inter-disciplinary curriculum, you are equally passionate about puzzles, play, and performance! Your infectious positivity and eagerness inspires campers across content areas. From reconstructing the Eiffel Tower to simulating a hurricane, you dive into projects of all disciplines with the same level of enthusiasm.
- Care for Campers. You work directly with campers throughout the summer and are responsible for allowing campers to develop their learning through hands-on exploration. With the help of your Innovators, Inc. Program Leader, you will work to bring the bring the best out of every camper throughout the summer.
- Contribute to the Community. As a counselor with Headfirst Summer Camps, you are part of something larger than yourself, and you thrive as part of a team. You know how your actions can directly impact everyone around you and are constantly looking for ways to collaborate with and build up your fellow counselors.
- Take on the Challenge of the Day. You will be responsible for your group throughout the day, keeping the emotional and physical safety of your campers as your priority. Due to the wide variety of abilities and interests captured in our Innovators, Inc. program, you provide personalized support for each camper.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have:
- Graduated from high school – or have equivalent educational experience. (If you are still in high school, please apply for our Junior Counselor role)
- Housing in the DC-metropolitan area and transportation to the location of your employment.
- You are:
- Mission Driven. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
- A Positive Leader. You will be working directly with fellow on-site leadership and headquarters team members, as well as setting the standard of excellence for other seasonal team members.
- Driven by the Details. You love organization and planning ahead and know that being effective in your role is tied to remembering the minor details.
- A Coachable, Motivated Teammate. You know what it means to go above and beyond the call of duty.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top