Facilities Coordinator, New York Yankees (New Jersey) Baseball Camps: 2019-2094
- New York, NY
Reporting to the Site Leader, the Facilities Coordinator at New York Yankees (NJ) Baseball Camps acts as the epicenter of successful camp operations, spending each camp day on the move as they ensure all camp programs and activities are prepared for ballplayers. The Facilities Coordinator must execute a smooth and efficient operation of the site so that ballplayers can get the most out of their camp experience while being able to spot and resolve issues before they arise. The Facilities Coordinator’s duties are physically rigorous, and they must possess a tenacious work ethic, strong organizational skills, and a positive attitude.
What You'll Do:
- Set the Stage. The people have spoken, and we have been voted one of the best summer experiences. Therefore, we need a Facilities Coordinator that understands how important it is to deliver on the promises we have made to our ballplayers and their families. You will be responsible for the day to day operational set-up of all equipment to ensure a safe and functional camp. How we present camp to families is imperative and you dictate the impression we make and then leave.
- Finish the Job. There is no way to hide it, our Facilities Coordinators grind every single day. You are one of the first people on-site in the morning and one of the last to leave every day. With this continuous hustle comes a sense of pride in being able to see a day of camp executed to perfection.
- Support the Team. You are a part of the leadership team on-site for a reason. Facilities Coordinators will work to support their fellow teammates by running equipment, filling water coolers, and ensuring operational efficiency on-site throughout the camp day. The Facilities Coordinator will manage set-up and execution of various elements of the VIP stadium visits and player meet-and-greets. The best Facilities Coordinators can push themselves above and beyond the call of duty while constantly upholding the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps mission.
- Handle the Curveballs. We believe obstacles are temporary and embrace any challenge as an opportunity to improve. As a member of our team, and in this position, you will be asked to step out of your comfort zone to help problem-solve, lend a helping hand, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- The Requirements:
- At least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
- Graduated high school – or have equivalent educational experience.
- Demonstrated technical and mechanical experience with the ability to manage inventory.
- CPR/First Aid Certification, or ability to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification prior to camp starting.
- Preferred: Experience working in an operations position or former position requiring manual labor.
- Basic Excel knowledge and a desire to own inventory management on-site.
- Ability to receive orders for stock replenishment and willingness to transport these packages to the camp-site.
- You are:
- A Dedicated Worker. An individual who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty every single day. You are willing to work until the job is done and take tremendous pride when the job is done right.
- Highly Motivated. A self-starter who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A Coachable Teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection and by both providing and receiving constructive performance feedback.
- A Leader Through Action. Always doing the right thing is how we conduct business. You have the ability to be a vocal, energetic, and enthusiastic leader who possesses the charisma, passion, and polish to serve as an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
- Passionate: Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
What You'll Gain:
- Customer and Client Interactions: Our campers and their families come from a diverse range of backgrounds. As one of the go-to leadership representatives on-site, you’ll learn to handle all aspects of customer interactions with respect and confidence.
- Problem Solving and Strategic Thinking: Every camp day presents completely new challenges, and throughout the summer you will learn to think on your feet and become a decisive decision-maker.
- Logistics and Operations Experience: By managing the day to day operations of your site - you will quickly become a go-to resource for all team members, campers, and their families. Facilities Coordinators will manage on-site inventory and communicate with our HQ team to inform future purchasing.
Dates & Locations:
- July 6 - July 10: Verona High School in Verona, NJ
- July 13 - July 17: The Pingry School in Basking Ridge, NJ
- July 20 - July 24: The Pingry School in Basking Ridge, NJ
- July 27 - July 31: Denville Park in Denville, NJ
- August 3 - August 7: Princeton Day School in Princeton, NJ
- August 10 - August 14: Heritage Park in Bronx, NY
- August 17 - 21: Gennarelli Sports Complex in Paramus, NJ
Back to top