Facilities Coordinator, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2020-2196
- Leesburg, VA
Reporting to the Assistant Director – Operations & People, the Facilities Coordinator will provide smooth and efficient operation of their site, allowing both campers and counselors to make the most of their summer. Acting as the epicenter of successful camp operations, they will spend the majority of each day outdoors, ensuring all camp programs and activities are ready throughout the day.
What You'll Do:
- Set Us Up for Success. You know that running our camps comes down to the flawless management of our camp events and adhering to operational procedures. You will be the point of contact for multiple flows of information, and responsible supporting the facilitation of our camp programs.
- Preserve our Partner Relationships. We work with some incredible facilities throughout the D.C. metro area, and we will be looking to you to continue our relationships with on-site facility partners and vendors, proactively communicating issues to your onsite leadership team as they occur.
- Juggle the Priorities. Our camps consist of more than four distinct programs, all with their own unique needs and set up. You will work closely with the on-site program leaders to handle requests, assist with set up, as well as coordinating across programs.
- Oversee Materials Inventory and Organization. Our curriculum is immersive and requires a multitude of materials to operate every day. You know that every piece of the puzzle matters to operate a successful event, from the glue sticks we use in a project to the directional signs used for camper drop-off.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have completed at least one (1) year at an accredited undergraduate institution – or have equivalent educational experience.
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You are curious, flexible and ever-learning. You constantly seek out new ways to improve the eHeaheHeadfirst experience and your own contributions to it through continued refinement of your knowledge, skills & abilities.
- You are a self-starter. By approaching professional hurdles head on, you face every day with a natural sense of urgency and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- You are solution-oriented. You thrive in an environment that pushes you to think outside of the box, working with your team to brainstorm and innovate for all obstacles you face.
What You'll Gain:
- Problem Solving & Strategic Thinking. Every camp day presents completely new challenges, and through this summer you will learn to think on your feet and become an exceptional decision maker.
- Management Skills. Between managing weekly schedules and implementing procedures, you will learn to skillfully juggle multiple projects and prioritize your daily workflow.
- Adaptive Thinking. Thinking on the fly? You’ll get that at Headfirst – whether it’s innovatively thinking through a new solution, or troubleshooting issues before they occur you’ll be best in class when it comes to thinking on your feet.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top