Facilities Coordinator, D.C. United Soccer Camps: 2019-2012
Reporting to the Site Leader, the Facilities Coordinator at D.C. United Soccer Camps acts as the epicenter of successful camp operations, spending each camp day on the move as they ensure all camp programs and activities are prepared for campers. The Facilities Coordinator must execute a smooth and efficient operation of the site so that campers can get the most out of their camp experience while being able to resolve issues before they arise. The Facilities Coordinator’s duties are physically rigorous, so this individual must possess a tenacious work ethic, strong organizational skills, and a positive attitude.
What You'll Do:
- Set the Stage. The people have spoken, and we have been voted one of the best summer experiences. Therefore, we need a Facilities Coordinator that understands how important it is to deliver on the promises we have made to our campers and their families. You will be responsible for the day to day operational set-up of all equipment to ensure a safe and functional camp. Our first impression is paramount to our success and you will lead our team to make a lasting impression for all families and their campers.
- Finish the Job. There is no way to hide it, our Facilities Coordinators grind every single day. You are one of the first people on site in the morning and one of the last to leave every day. With this continuous hustle comes a sense of pride in being able to see a day of camp executed to perfection.
- Support the Team. You are a part of the leadership team on-site for a reason. Facilities Coordinators will work to support their fellow teammates by running equipment, filling water coolers, and ensuring operational efficiency on-site throughout the camp day. The best Facilities Coordinators can push themselves above and beyond the call of duty while constantly upholding the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps mission.
- Handle the Curveballs. We believe obstacles are temporary and embrace any challenge as an opportunity to improve. As a member of our team, and in this position, you will be asked to step out of your comfort zone to help problem-solve, lend a helping hand, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- About You:
- At least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
- Graduated high school – or have equivalent educational experience.
- Demonstrated technical and mechanical experience with the ability to manage inventory.
- CPR/First Aid Certification, or ability to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification prior to camp starting.
- Preferred: Experience working an operations position or former position requiring manual labor.
- You are:
- A Dedicated Worker. An individual who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty every single day. You are willing to work until the job is done and take tremendous pride when the job is done right.
- Highly Motivated. A self-starter who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A Coachable Teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection, and by both providing and receiving constructive performance feedback.
- A Leader Through Action. At Headfirst Professional Sports Camps, we lead by example and are searching for a vocal, energetic, and enthusiastic leader who possesses the charisma, passion, and polish to serve as an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
- Passionate. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
2019 Dates & Locations:
June 17 - June 21: Woods Academy in Bethesda, MD
June 24 - June 28: Northwood High School in Silver Spring, MD
July 8 - July 12: Mason District Park in Annandale, VA
July 15 - July 19: Episcopal High School in Alexandria VA (Residential Camp)
July 22 - July 26: Woods Academy in Bethesda, MD
July 29 - August 2: Flint Hill School in Oakton, VA
August 5 - August 9: Melvin J. Berman Hebrew Academy in Rockville, MD
August 12 - August 16: Mason District Park in Annandale, VA
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top