Extended Day Counselor, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2020-2189
The curriculum for Extended Day spans a wide variety of ages and interest areas, allowing campers to explore beyond the structure of their daily camp program, and our Extended Day Counselors provide an individualized approach for all campers. Reporting to the Extended Day Program Leader, these counselors are patient educators with a strong attention to detail, knowing that they are pivotal to the success of our program.
What You'll Do:
- End the Day Strong. At the end of an eventful – and sometimes exhausting – camp day for our campers, you maximize the engagement and enjoyment of every camper that joins Extended Day programming. Whether it is through STEM activities or quiet story time, you use our Extended Day curriculum to finish the camp day as strong as it started.
- Care for Campers. You actively engage campers of all ages throughout our wide variety of programming. By maintaining enthusiasm and focus during busy afternoons and working closely with your Extended Day Program Leader you will create an environment that both challenges and supports campers.
- Contribute to the Community. As a counselor with Headfirst Summer Camps, you are part of something larger than yourself, and you thrive as part of a team. You know how your actions can directly impact everyone around you and are constantly looking for ways to build up your fellow counselors.
- Take on the Challenge of the Day. You will be responsible for your group throughout the afternoon, keeping the emotional and physical safety of your campers as your priority. Due to the wide variety of abilities and interests captured by our Extended Day program, every camper has different criteria to set them up for success.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have graduated from high school or have equivalent educational experience. (If you are still in high school, please apply for our Junior Counselor role).
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You are curious, flexible and ever-learning. You constantly seek out new ways to improve the Headfirst camper experience and your own contributions to it through continued refinement of your knowledge, skills & abilities.
- You are a self-starter. By approaching daily hurdles head on, you face every day with a natural sense of urgency and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- You are a coachable and motivated teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through experience, challenging yourself to go above and beyond the call of duty.
What You'll Gain:
- Adaptive Thinking. Thinking on the fly? You’ll get that at Headfirst – whether it’s adapting a project or knowing when to use a name-game, you’ll be best in class when it comes to thinking on your feet.
- Group Management. Here, you’re more than just a counselor. You will be the role model, superhero and leader for your group of campers by fostering an environment of growth and compassion.
- Exposure to a Professional Environment. So, we’re a little picky. We expect a lot of our team but give you as much in return through consistent feedback, fair expectations and values-based incentives.
- A Team like Family. There’s something about camp that brings people together. Here you’ll get to meet new friends, while forging stronger bonds with people you know.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top