Extended Day Counselor, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2019-1946
Extended Day Counselors with Headfirst Summer Camps will work on-site at our Bethesda, Maryland location focusing on the daily operation and execution of our afternoon extended day program. The curriculum for Extended Day spans a wide variety of ages and interest areas, allowing campers to explore beyond the structure of their daily camp program, and the Extended Day Counselors provide an individualized approach for all campers. Extended Day Counselors are patient educators with a strong attention to detail, knowing that they are pivotal to the success of our program. Above all, they focus on building connections with campers in our Extended Day program, engaging campers through a wide variety of curriculum-based activities.
What You'll Do:
- End the Day Strong. At the end of an eventful – and sometimes exhausting – camp day for our campers, you maximize the engagement and enjoyment of every camper that joins Extended Day programming. Whether it is through STEM activities or quiet story time, you use our Extended Day curriculum to finish the camp day as strong as it started.
- Care for Campers. You actively engage campers of all ages throughout our wide variety of programming. By maintaining enthusiasm and focus during busy afternoons and working closely with your Extended Day Program Leader you will create an environment to both challenge and support campers.
- Contribute to the Community. As a counselor with Headfirst Summer Camps, you are part of something larger than yourself, and you thrive as part of a team. You know how your actions can directly impact everyone around you and are constantly looking for ways to build up your fellow counselors.
- Take on the Challenge of the Day. You will be responsible for your group throughout the day, keeping the emotional and physical safety of your campers as your priority. Due to the wide variety of abilities and interests captured by our Extended Day program, every camper has different criteria to set them up for success.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have:
- Graduated from high school – or have equivalent educational experience. (If you are still in high school, please apply for our Junior Counselor role)
- Housing in the DC-metropolitan area and transportation to the location of your employment.
- You are:
- Mission Driven. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
- A Positive Leader. You will be working directly with fellow on-site leadership and headquarters team members, as well as setting the standard of excellence for other seasonal team members.
- Driven by the Details. You love organization and planning ahead and know that being effective in your role is tied to remembering the minor details.
- A Coachable, Motivated Teammate. You know what it means to go above and beyond the call of duty.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top