Extended Day Coordinator, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2020-2190
- Leesburg, VA
The curriculum for Extended Day spans a wide variety of ages and interest areas and the Extended Day Coordinator is a committed, driven leader who will work seamlessly with the Extended Day Program Leader running camper activities. Reporting to the Assistant Director – Operations & People, this individual is a capable communicator and problem-solver, who is willing to be flexible in their responsibilities as needed.
What You'll Do:
- Anticipate Roadblocks and Detours. You are the front lines of our customer service after the regular camp day ends and will be the person who knows our parents and families the best. You anticipate how important it is for campers to end the day on a positive note.
- Manage the Big Picture. You will be the on-site logistics owner after the end of the regular camp day and know that success comes down to understanding how details fit together. You will be the point of contact for multiple flows of information, and responsible for supporting the logistics across the entire program.
- End the Day Strong. At the end of an eventful – and sometimes exhausting – camp day for our campers, you maximize the engagement and enjoyment of every camper that joins Extended Day programming, working with our partner for the Extended Day Curriculum.
- Communicate Professionally. Our parents and camper families are unique, and we know that it takes a certain level of care and attention to detail to allow each camper to achieve their personal best. You will communicate both camper achievements and challenges to parents as needed with poise and care.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have completed at least two (2) years at an accredited undergraduate institution or have equivalent educational experience.
- You have one (1) year of relevant professional experience working with children, preferably in an athletic or educational setting.
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You are curious, flexible and ever-learning. You constantly seek out new ways to improve the eHeaheHeadfirst camper experience and your own contributions to it through continued refinement of your knowledge, skills & abilities.
- You are a self-starter. By approaching daily hurdles head on, you face every day with a natural sense of urgency and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- You are a coachable and motivated teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through experience, challenging yourself to go above and beyond the call of duty.
What You'll Gain:
- Coaching & Professional Development Skills. You will be the guide and leader for your program and will provide your team of counselors with valuable feedback to improve what they do, every day.
- Adaptive Thinking. Thinking on the fly? You’ll get that at Headfirst – whether it’s adapting a project or knowing when to use a name-game, you’ll be best in class when it comes to thinking on your feet.
- A Team like Family. There’s something about camp that brings people together. Here you’ll get to meet new friends, while forging stronger bonds with people you know.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top