Division Lead Coach, Washington Nationals Baseball Camps: 2018-1913
Reporting to the Site Leader, a Division Lead Coach at Washington Nationals Baseball Camps manages divisional staff and curriculum while ensuring the safety, enjoyment, and well-being of every ballplayer. A Division Lead Coach is a master of the Headfirst Professional Sports Camp curriculum, who can facilitate and implement this curriculum with attention to detail and an emphasis on consistent and enriching instruction. A Division Lead Coach is a thoughtful, empathetic, and approachable leader who holds their divisional team to the same high standards to which they hold themselves. Finally, a Division Lead Coach is a friendly customer experience representative who finds innovative ways to provide families with personalized feedback on their ballplayers.
What You'll Do:
- Facilitate Baseball Curriculum. We believe the best Division Lead Coaches don’t just sit on a bucket all day. We show up every day ready to work and expect our Division Lead Coaches to do the same. To truly provide the best experience, Division Lead Coaches must be able to master, teach, and execute the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps Baseball curriculum, schedules, polices, and safety protocols.
- Build Your Foundation. Preparation is key and using the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps online and in-person trainings, you will continue to develop your love for the game while honoring the commitment you have made to your ballplayers and teammates this summer. Through studying, learning, and then immersing yourself in the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps Baseball curriculum, you will separate yourself as a proven leader and provide ballplayers with an unforgettable experience.
- Provide Unrivaled Experiences. You will lead your division through VIP stadium visits and player meet-and-greets. This once in a lifetime experience gives ballplayers and coaches alike a behind the scenes look at a Major League Baseball club while you ensure the safety, well-being, and enjoyment of all participants.
- Lead a Division. We take our jobs seriously and are proud to deliver on the experiences we have promised our families. On this team you will lead a division by demonstrating ethical and professional behavior when no one is watching. In working with ballplayers, their families, and fellow team members our Division Lead Coaches go above the call of duty when necessary and take pride in the work they do.
- Handle the Curveballs. We believe obstacles are temporary and embrace any challenge as an opportunity to improve. As a member of our team you may be asked to step out of your comfort zone to help problem-solve, lend a helping hand, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- About You:
- At least 21 years of age.
- Experience as a baseball/softball player or team manager at the high school level or greater.
- At least three (3) years’ experience coaching or working with children.
- Preferred: Experience supervising a team of direct reports.
- CPR/First Aid Certification, or ability to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification prior to camp starting.
- You are:
- Highly Motivated. A self-starter who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A Coachable Teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection, and by both providing and receiving constructive feedback.
- A Leader Through Action. Always doing the right thing is how we conduct business. You have the ability to be a vocal, energetic, and enthusiastic leader who possesses the charisma, passion, and polish to serve as an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
- Passionate. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
2019 Dates & Locations:
- June 10 - June 14: American University in Washington, DC
- June 17 - June 21: The Flint Hill School in Oakton, VA
- July 1 - July 5: Episcopal HS in Alexandria, VA
- July 22 - July 26: Norwood School in Bethesda, MD
- July 29 - August 2: American University in Washington, DC
- August 12 - August 16: Norwood School in Bethesda, MD
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top