Day & Junior Day Camp Program Leader, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2020-2179
- Washington, DC
Our Day & Junior Day Camp curricula are formatted to be both camper-centered and purpose driven, allowing our youngest campers to experience the world through the power of play. Each week has a unique, immersive theme that is built to capture the imaginations of campers and counselors alike, and the Day & Junior Day Camp Program Leader is instrumental in bringing these worlds to life. Reporting to the Assistant Director - Programming, the Day & Junior Day Camp Program Leader is a dynamic leader and natural motivator for their camp program.
What You'll Do:
- Bring the Magic of Day Camp to Life. You are the expert on all things related to Day & Junior Day Camp and use your skills to ensure the team surrounding you is ready to implement each week’s curricula with energy and enthusiasm. Whether it is exploring the wetlands or learning about the human body, you’re not afraid to step out of your comfort zone and bring the magic of camp to all campers.
- Encourage Campers. As the youngest on site, our Day & Junior Day campers are often learning how to be independent for the first time. When necessary, you provide individualized attention and support, ensuring to meet each camper where they are in their developmental journey with patience.
- Think Strategically. Our curriculum is what sets us apart, and you naturally look for ways to innovate and improve upon what we develop. By working closely with our headquarters team, you anticipate issues before they occur as well as appropriately communicate challenges along the way.
- Communicate Positively. As the leader of your program, you are equally comfortable coaching your team and communicating with parents as needed. Additionally, you will provide detailed feedback on curriculum to our headquarters team, ensuring we are able to adapt and grow in order to reach our highest potential.
- Train Your Team. Facilitation of training is an essential element of your role. You will use Headfirst provided resources to train your staff on expectations, roles, responsibilities and best practices to ensure the productivity, engagement and overall job satisfaction of your team.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have completed at least three (3) years at an accredited undergraduate institution, with majors in early childhood education, social work and child development viewed favorably.
- You have at least two (2) years of relevant professional experience working with children.
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You lead by example. By balancing the composure, integrity, clarity and empathy necessary to act as a positive influence on your team and Headfirst as a whole, you are a natural leader who works with a sense of urgency and commitment necessary to achieve our business objectives.
- You are a self-starter. By approaching daily hurdles head on, you face every day with a natural sense of urgency and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- You are solution-oriented. You thrive in an environment that pushes you to think outside of the box, working with your team to brainstorm and innovate for all obstacles you face.
What You'll Gain:
- Coaching & Professional Development. You will be the guide and leader for your program and will provide your team of counselors with valuable feedback to improve what they do, every day.
- Curriculum Implementation. Together, we aim to unlock the personal best in every child, and through our experiential, research-based curriculum you will gain experience in educational instruction and facilitation.
- Prioritization. As the leader for your own curriculum, you will dictate your daily schedule, identifying which counselors or campers need your support most.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top