Customer Experience Coordinator, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2020-2172
- Washington, DC
Reporting to the Assistant Director – Operations & People, the Customer Experience Coordinator will respond to parent questions, requests, and concerns through exceptional customer service. Working with on-site leadership as well as our HQ team, they ensure customer needs and requests are met, owning the entire process from initiation to completion.
What You'll Do:
- Anticipate Roadblocks and Detours. You are the front lines of our customer service, and the person who knows our parents and families the best. You anticipate how something as small as ensuring a camper is with a buddy impacts their entire day, and work to proactively problem-solve issues as they arise.
- Communicate Professionally. Our parents and camper families are unique, and we know that it takes a certain attention to detail and level of care for each camper to achieve their personal best. You are there to celebrate successes and work through each camper’s individual needs as they arise to ensure we are meeting the standard of excellence promised to all Headfirst families.
- Spread the Word. You know that our thorough and detailed parent communication is what sets us apart, and you are committed to only giving your best every day. You’ll have firsthand experience executing customer-facing communication via phone, email, and in-person.
- Organize, Not Agonize. We see over 9,000 campers each summer across our four sites and you’ll be instrumental in handling the details of daily schedules including coordinating drop-off and pick up at your specific site. Additionally, you will help welcome our new families with phone calls prior to their first day as well as following up after their last week of camp to close out the experience.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have completed at least three (3) years at an accredited undergraduate institution – or have equivalent educational experience – with majors in communications and business viewed favorably.
- You are mission-driven. here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You lead by example. By balancing the composure, integrity, clarity and empathy necessary to act as a positive influence on your team and Headfirst as a whole, you are a natural leader who works with a sense of urgency and commitment necessary to achieve our business objectives.
- You are a self-starter. By approaching professional hurdles head on, you face every day with a natural sense of urgency and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- You are solution-oriented. You thrive in an environment that pushes you to think outside of the box, working with your team to brainstorm and innovate for all obstacles you face.
What You'll Gain:
- Problem Solving & Strategic Thinking. Every camp day presents completely new challenges, and through this summer you will learn to think on your feet and become an exceptional decision maker.
- Customer & Client Interactions. Headfirst parents come from all backgrounds, and as one of the familiar faces onsite, you will learn to handle all aspects of challenging customer communications with ease.
- Communication Development. Throughout the summer you will hone your public speaking and communication skills, adapting your approach to the unique needs of your team.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top