Coordinator - Camp Logistics: Headfirst Professional Sports Camps - Residential Experience: 2019-2137
The Coordinator of Camp Logistics at Headfirst Professional Sports Camps Residential Experience acts as the epicenter of successful camp operations, spending each camp day on the move as they ensure all camp programs and activities are prepared for campers. This Coordinator must execute a smooth and efficient operation on-site while being able to spot and resolve issues before they arise, so campers can get the most out of their camp experience. This individuals’ duties are physically rigorous so they must possess a tenacious work ethic, strong organizational skills, and a positive attitude. This program will offer three weeks of Headfirst Professional Sports Camp curriculum through four of our Professional Sports Camps partners. Our residential team will travel to Chicago, Boston, and Washington D.C., over the three week period to operate this once in a life time residential experience. With this being a residential position, we ask that our Coordinator of Camp Logistics live on site at each of our partner facilities from June 26th – July 19th. We offer room and board, transportation to each new location, meals, and competitive salary.
What You'll Do:
- Set the Stage. The people have spoken, and we have been voted one of the best summer experiences. Therefore, we need a Coordinator of Camp Logistics that understands how important it is to deliver on the promises we have made to our campers and their families. You will be responsible for the day to day operational set-up of all dorm rooms and equipment to ensure a safe and functional camp. Our first impression is paramount to our success and you will lead our team to make a lasting impression for all families and their campers.
- Finish the Job. There is no way to hide it, our Coordinator of Camp Logistics grinds every single day. You are one of the first people out to site in the morning and one of the last in the dorm every day. With this continuous hustle comes a sense of pride in being able to see a day of camp executed to perfection.
- Build Relationships. We are fortunate to have a strong network of facility partners that allow us to utilize their grounds and facilities while we operate camp. This individual will be the main point of contact for all facility partners – communicating our daily schedule and operational needs while demonstrating the professionalism and respect expected as a representative of Headfirst.
- Handle the Curveballs. We believe obstacles are temporary and embrace any challenge as an opportunity to improve. As a member of our team, and in this position, you will be asked to step out of your comfort zone to help problem-solve, lend a helping hand, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- About You:
- At least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
- Graduated high school – or have equivalent educational experience.
- Demonstrated technical and mechanical experience with the ability to manage inventory.
- CPR/First Aid Certification, or ability to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification prior to camp starting.
- Preferred: Experience working an operations position or former position requiring manual labor.
- You are:
- A Dedicated Worker. An individual who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty every single day. You are willing to work until the job is done and take tremendous pride when the job is done right.
- Highly Motivated. A self-starter who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A Coachable Teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection, and by both providing and receiving constructive performance feedback.
- A Leader Through Action. Always doing the right thing is how we conduct business. You have the ability to be a vocal, energetic, and enthusiastic leader who possesses the charisma, passion, and polish to serve as an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
- Passionate. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
Dates & Locations:
- June 28 - July 2: (Chicago Cubs) Lake Forest Academy in Lake Forest, IL
- July 5 - July 9: (Boston Red Sox) Lawrence Academy in Groton, MA
- July 11 - July 15: (Washington Nationals) Episcopal HS in Alexandria, VA
- July 15 - July 19: (DC United) Episcopal HS in Alexandria, VA
Back to top