Coach, New York Yankees (New Jersey) Baseball Camps: 2018-1903
Reporting to the Site Leader, a Coach at New York Yankees (NJ) Baseball Camps is responsible for the safety, enjoyment, and development of every ballplayer under their care. Our Coaches provide their ballplayers with guidance and instruction throughout the camp day, always encouraging a respectful and positive atmosphere so that each player experiences success while at camp. Coaches must possess the ability to communicate with a variety of ages, interest, and skill levels as well as have an enthusiasm for baseball and/or softball while approaching each day and its unique challenges with energy, patience, and a sense of humor.
What You'll Do:
- Facilitate Baseball Curriculum. We believe the best Coaches don’t just sit on a bucket all day. We show up every day ready to work and expect our coaches to do the same. To truly provide the best experience, Coaches must master and execute the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps Baseball curriculum, schedules, polices, and safety protocols with high energy, integrity, and passion.
- Build Your Foundation. Preparation is key and through Headfirst Professional Sports Camps online and in-person trainings/webinars, you will continue to develop your love for the game and the commitment you have made to your team this summer. Through studying, learning, and then immersing yourself in the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps Baseball curriculum each day you provide families with an experience their ballplayer will never forget.
- Provide Unrivaled Experiences. You will lead ballplayers through VIP stadium visits and player meet-and-greets. This once in a lifetime experience gives you and your team a behind the scenes look at an official Major League Baseball club while you ensure the safety, well-being, and enjoyment of all participants.
- Work on a Team. We take our job seriously and are proud of the work we do. On this team you will demonstrate ethical and professional behavior in working with ballplayers, their families, fellow team members, leadership, headquarters, and facility partners while upholding the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps mission at all times.
- Handle the Curveballs. We believe obstacles are temporary and embrace any challenge as an opportunity to improve. As a member of our team you may be asked to step out of your comfort zone to help problem-solve, lend a helping hand, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have:
- Graduated high school – or have equivalent educational experience – and are more than one (1) full year out of high school in summer 2019.
- At least two (2) years’ experience playing baseball/softball during high school years or later.
- You are:
- Highly Motivated. A self-starter who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A Coachable Teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection, and by both providing and receiving constructive performance feedback.
- A Leader Through Action. Always doing the right thing is how we conduct business. You have the ability to be a vocal, energetic, and enthusiastic leader who possesses the charisma, passion, and polish to serve as an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
- Passionate. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
2019 Dates & Locations:
- June 24 - June 28: St. John Vianney in Holmdel, NJ
- July 8 - July 12: Verona High School in Verona, NJ
- July 15 - July 19: The Pingry School in Basking Ridge, NJ
- July 22 - July 26: Parkway School in Paramus, NJ
- July 29 - August 2: Denville Park in Denville, NJ
- August 5 - August 9: The Pingry School in Basking Ridge, NJ
- August 12 - August 16: Princeton Day School in Princeton, NJ
- August 19 - August 23: Heritage Park in Bronx, NY
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Meet Some of The Headfirst Companies's Employees
Abby H.Associate, Product Marketing—Summer Camps
Abby communicates with parents to provide important information about camper success in summer programs, while also overseeing the company’s advertising campaigns and on-site staff training.
Back to top