Certified Lifeguard & Swim Instructor, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2019-1937
The Certified Lifeguard & Swim Instructor with Headfirst Summer Camps will work on-site at our NW Washington, DC location in the intensive instruction and facilitation of our aquatics curriculum. The pool is home to one of the hallmark programs of our camps, where campers of all ages participate in daily recreational or instructional swim time. Our Certified Lifeguards & Swim Instructors understand how swimming skills are a crucial development tool for all campers and provide excellent instruction while prioritizing safety. In addition to keeping safety top of mind, our Aquatics team fosters a warm, supportive environment that allows each camper to achieve their personal best in and out of the pool while developing independence. Above all, they focus on building connections with their swim group, taking personal responsibility for each camper’s well-being, enjoyment and development.
What You'll Do:
- Coach and Connect: The pool can be either a frightening obstacle or source of joy for our campers, with many emotions in-between. You know how to work effectively with all levels of swim experience and encourage campers to grow, while appropriately stretching their comfort zone.
- Keep Safety at the Forefront. Knowing that the pool presents a variety of safety concerns, you will keep a laser focus on the safety of every camper in your swim groups. As a Certified Lifeguard, you are constantly assessing the current safety of all campers, ensuring your fellow Swim Instructors adhere to our policies and procedures.
- Take Projects Head-On. Four (4) of our camp programs participate in recreational and instructional swim with the age of participants ranging from 3 to 13. You are a master of details and schedules, juggling many tasks at once while giving each of your swim groups the attention they deserve.
- Encourage Camper Growth: The pool can be either a frightening obstacle or source of joy for our campers, with many emotions in-between. You know how to work effectively with all levels of swim experience and encourage campers to grow, while appropriately stretching their comfort zone.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have:
- At least two (2) years of experience in swim instruction.
- Housing in the DC-metropolitan area and transportation to the location of your employment.
- CPR & First Aid Certification or ability to complete CPR & First Aid Certification prior to June 1st, 2019.
- Lifeguard Certification or ability to complete Lifeguard Certification prior to June 1st, 2019.
- You are:
- Mission Driven. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
- A Positive Leader. You will be working directly with fellow on-site leadership and headquarters team members, as well as setting the standard of excellence for other seasonal team members.
- Driven by the Details. You love organization and planning ahead and know that being effective in your role is tied to remembering the minor details.
- A Coachable, Motivated Teammate. You know what it means to go above and beyond the call of duty.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top