Camp & Safety Coordinator, D.C. United Soccer Camps: 2019-2128
- Washington, DC
Reporting to the Site Leader, the Camp & Safety Coordinator at D.C. United Soccer Camps works closely with fellow on-site leadership and HQ staff to organize and execute on the customer service and administrative tasks necessary to run an award-winning camp. The Camp & Safety Coordinator oversees and ensures the day-to-day safety of all program participants; safety is Headfirst Professional Sports Camps’ foremost concern, and the Camp & Safety Coordinator must always prioritize safety above all else. Finally, the Camp & Safety Coordinator acts as the on-site representative of the Talent Department – managing staff timecards while addressing any staff questions or concerns.
What You'll Do:
- Live and Breathe Safety. Camp will not operate unless we maintain the safety and well-being of our campers, their families, and team members as our number one priority. We would be naïve to believe injuries don’t happen at camp and alongside the Site Leader, you will work to proactively identify safety concerns as well as resolve any health & wellness injuries on site. Camp & Safety Coordinators act as the first responder in both low and high priority emergency medical situations, utilizing your CPR/First Aid training as necessary.
- Administrate Camp. As the backbone of our camp, nothing goes on that you do not know about. Working as the liaison between HQ and site, you will be responsible for the oversight and management of both team member clock-in/out and camper check-in/out – logging, reporting, and resolving any and all questions or issues that arise.
- Build Relationships. You serve as the main point of contact for anyone that steps foot on site. Working with campers and their families - you will find solutions, ease concerns, and strengthen relationships by working alongside HQ to manage all proactive and reactive customer service touchpoints via our customer service platform.
- Handle the Curveballs. At Headfirst we believe obstacles are temporary and embrace any challenge as an opportunity to improve. As a member of our team, and in this position, you will be asked to step out of your comfort zone to help problem-solve, lend a helping hand, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- About You:
- At least 18 years of age.
- High school degree or equivalent educational experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience teaching or working with children.
- CPR/First Aid Certification, or ability to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification prior to start of camp.
- Preferred: Completion of or working towards a degree in athletic training, nursing, or medicine.
- Preferred: Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and Dropbox.
- You are:
- Organized. You are crazy about the details and strive to keep everything in order. You can prioritize and multi-task, managing several projects concurrently, and thrive under pressure.
- Highly Motivated. A self-starter who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A Coachable Teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection, and by both providing and receiving performance feedback.
- A Leader Through Action. At Headfirst Professional Sports Camps, we lead by example are searching for a vocal, energetic, and enthusiastic leader who possesses the charisma, passion, and polish to serve as an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
- Passionate. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
What You'll Gain:
- Leadership Experience: As a member of our leadership team you are the “go-to” person for everything related to the operation of your camp. Here, you will grow as a leader by managing a team of coaches and developing a unique on-site culture.
- Customer and Client Interactions: Our campers and their families come from a diverse range of backgrounds. As one of the go-to leadership representatives on-site, you’ll learn to handle all aspects of customer interactions with respect and confidence.
- Communication Development: Throughout the summer you will hone your public speaking and communication skills, adapting your approach to the unique needs of your team, campers, and their families.
- Problem Solving and Strategic Thinking: Every camp day presents completely new challenges, and throughout the summer you will learn to think on your feet and become a decisive decision-maker.
- Management Skills: Between managing weekly timesheets, implementing safety policies and procedures, and keeping a detailed record of all communication between you and our campers’ families - you will learn to skillfully prioritize multiple tasks and delegate to your team of coaches.
Dates & Locations:
Back to top