Camp Nurse, Headfirst Overnight Camps: 2019-2034
The Camp Nurse for Headfirst Overnight Camps will live and work on-site at our Alexandria, Virginia location and manage all aspects of the Headfirst Overnight Camp & Episcopal Summer Institute experience related to the health and well-being of campers and staff. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, careful management of camper medication, oversight of all safety procedures and policies, communicating safety updates to the Administrative Coordinator and Headquarters as needed, and the safekeeping of confidential camper and staff information. The Camp Nurse works closely with the on-site Leadership Team to support every camper’s experience and streamline communication to Families and Headquarters while keeping meticulous records and providing the highest level of service for campers and families.
What You'll Do:
- Be First on the Scene. You are skilled in all aspects of safety, administering appropriate First Aid, camp-approved and camper-provided medications while ensuring that all incidents are responded to, recorded and reported appropriately throughout the camp day.
- Keep Safety at the Forefront. You know better than anyone that the emotional and physical safety of campers is our number one priority. As the at camp safety expert, you will be responsible for enforcing and implementing all safety procedures we have in place to maximize the camp experience for everyone.
- Communicate with Care. When a situation impacts the safety of a camper or staff member, you know important it is to respond tactfully. Whether you are speaking with campers, parents or team members, you handle every situation delicately and with the highest degree of compassion.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects and take on other responsibilities, as needed.
- You have:
- A valid Virginia license as a professional Registered Nurse (RN)
- Skill maintaining health forms, paperwork, and medications, administering medications, and the ability to make decisions and take initiative under pressure.
- Availability and willingness to work from late June – August, including training days, and live on-site during all Overnight Camp sessions.
- CPR & First Aid Certification or ability to complete CPR & First Aid Certification prior to June 1st, 2019.
- You are:
- Mission Driven. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
- A Positive Leader. You will be working directly with fellow on-site leadership and headquarters team members, as well as setting the standard of excellence for other seasonal team members.
- Driven by the Details. You love organization and know that being effective in your role is tied to proactive planning from the big picture to the minor details.
- A Coachable, Motivated Teammate. You know what it means to go above and beyond the call of duty.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top