Camp Mascot: 2020-2276
- Washington, DC
Provide entertainment as our mascot, Gomer, on an ad-hoc basis at Headfirst events, camps and other miscellaneous occurrences. We are looking for someone who is flexible to work nights and weekends with about a week’s notice of the dates needed. You will work directly with marketing, customer service, business development, and talent departments to create goodwill in the community.
- Have enthusiasm and high energy at all times to keep the engagement level high
- Make children consistently smile with friendly and demonstrative mannerisms
- Communicate with children in a socially appropriate and family friendly manner
- Analyze and interpret common social expressions and customer needs
- Troubleshoot Mascot fear without delay
- Adhere to Mascot costume operations including creativity, care, cleaning and maintenance
- Take on additional responsibilities as assigned and requested
- Previous experience as a mascot, cheerleader or other theater experience
- Must be in good physical shape and able to lift approximately 30 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Able to work in costume
- A flexible and humble contributor with a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A patient individual with a stellar sense of humor.
What You'll Gain:
- A belief in The Headfirst Companies’ values and culture – that you can make a difference in the lives of children and young adults.
- A capacity to maintain a positive attitude in every circumstance.
- The ability to be creative under pressure
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top