Baseball Specialist, New York Yankees (New York) Baseball Camps: 2019-2142
- New York, NY
Reporting to the Site Leader, the Baseball Specialist at Yankees Baseball Camps will be tasked with ensuring curriculum excellence across our five (5) camp divisions while ensuring the safety, enjoyment, and well-being of every ballplayer. The Baseball Specialist will have mastered the Headfirst Professional Sports Camp curriculum and can serve as a resource for their teammates to ensure proper execution of age and skill-appropriate baseball instruction during the camp day. This individual can facilitate and implement the curriculum but can also identify areas for curriculum adaptation/extension for various campers. The Baseball Specialist must be able to provide constructive feedback while working closely with the Headfirst headquarters team to ensure that each camper and team member on-site has a safe, enjoyable, and enriching experience. Additionally, the baseball specialist will serve as our customer experience representative – for all things curriculum – including but not limited to: player evaluation, team change management, and general curriculum questions. This individual will find innovative ways to provide families with personalized feedback on their ballplayers.
What You'll Do:
- Augment the Baseball Experience. The ideal Baseball Specialist will show up every day ready to work and will find excitement out of the challenges that come with managing the various baseball experience and skill-sets of our ballplayers. To truly provide the best experience, the Baseball Specialist be able to master, teach, and execute the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps Baseball curriculum, schedules, polices, and safety protocols.
- Build Your Foundation. Preparation is key and using the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps online and in-person trainings, you will continue to develop your love for the game while honoring the commitment you have made to your ballplayers and teammates this summer. Through studying, learning, and then immersing yourself in the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps Baseball curriculum, you will separate yourself as a proven leader and provide ballplayers with an unforgettable experience.
- Provide Unrivaled Experiences. You will assist the Leadership Team in the execution of VIP stadium visits and player meet-and-greets. This once in a lifetime experience gives ballplayers and coaches alike a behind the scenes look at a Major League Baseball club while you ensure the safety, well-being, and enjoyment of all participants.
- Step Up to the Plate. We take our jobs seriously and are proud to deliver on the experiences we have promised our families. The Baseball Specialist will take pride in their role and assert themselves into baseball instruction and game-play to support the coaching staff while managing overall player development. Our entire staff is expected to demonstrate ethical and professional behavior when no one is watching. In working with ballplayers, their families, and fellow team members, our Baseball Specialist will go above the call of duty when necessary and take pride in the work they do.
- Handle the Curveballs. We believe obstacles are temporary and embrace any challenge as an opportunity to improve. As a member of our team you may be asked to step out of your comfort zone to help problem-solve, lend a helping hand, and take on other responsibilities that include assisting with daily set-up of camp equipment, and preparation for daily private lessons.
- The Requirements:
- At least 21 years of age.
- Experience as a baseball/softball player or coach at the high school level or greater.
- At least three (3) years’ experience coaching or working with children.
- Preferred: Experience supervising a team of direct reports.
- CPR/First Aid Certification, or ability to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification prior to camp starting.
- You are:
- Highly Motivated. A self-starter who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A Coachable Teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection, and by both providing and receiving constructive feedback.
- A Leader Through Action. Always doing the right thing is how we conduct business. You have the ability to be a vocal, energetic, and enthusiastic leader who possesses the charisma, passion, and polish to serve as an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
- Passionate. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
What You'll Gain:
- Leadership Experience: As a member of our leadership team you are the “go-to” person for everything related to baseball curriculum and the overall operation of your camp. Here, you will grow as a leader by teaching coaches and contributing to the development of a unique on-site culture.
- Curriculum Implementation: You will enhance your coaching philosophy by facilitating a baseball curriculum that is designed to meet each child in their developmental process. Part of achieving that goal is to create a safe, fun, and competitive environment for our campers.
- Customer and Client Interactions: Our campers and their families come from a diverse range of backgrounds. As one of the go-to leadership representatives on site, you’ll learn to handle all aspects of customer interactions with respect and confidence.
- Coaching & Professional Development: You will be the guide and leader for Headfirst Professional Sports Camps baseball curriculum and will provide your sites team of coaches valuable feedback to improve upon their coaching techniques.
Dates & Locations:
- July 6 - July 10: The Hackley School in Tarrytown, NY
- July 13 - July 17: Lyon Park in Port Chester, NY
- July 20 - July 24: The Green Vale School in Old Brookville, NY
- July 27 - July 31: Holy Trinity High School in Hicksville, NY
- August 3 - August 7: The Hackley School in Tarrytown, NY
- August 10 - August 14: The Green Vale School in Old Brookville, NY
- August 17 - August 21: Ardsley Little League in Ardsley, NY
Back to top