Assistant Director – Programming, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2020-2162
Our programmatic excellence is what sets Headfirst apart, and the Assistant Director – Programming is the onsite leader for instructional coaching and behavior management across our different camp programs. As a member of the leadership team, reporting directly to the Site Director, the Assistant Director – Programming is an experienced, compassionate educator who prioritizes each camper’s success.
What You'll Do:
- Care for All Campers. You know that every camper has different criteria that set them up for success. Working with your program leaders, you will provide guidance on how to appropriately manage behavior and deliver logical consequences with an understanding of developmental milestones.
- Manage your Team. Working directly with your program leaders, you will act as the onsite expert for curricula instruction, which covers sports to STEM and everything in between. Leaning on your experience, you will guide your team on when and how to adjust activities to maximize the enrichment of every camper.
- Coach Seasonal Staff. Drawing upon your experience working with children of all backgrounds and ages, you will provide guidance to your counselors and program leaders, training and modeling behavioral management, classroom facilitation and instructional strategies.
- See the Big Picture. At any one time, our Day Camp will be exploring the wetlands, Innovators will be concocting delicious delights and Multi-Sport will be racing against the clock. You will seamlessly manage and coordinate across programs, knowing where to support your team of program leaders and counselors.
- Train Your Team. Facilitation of training is an essential element of your role. You will use Headfirst provided resources to train your staff on expectations, roles, responsibilities and best practices to ensure the productivity, engagement and overall job satisfaction of your team
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have graduated from at an accredited undergraduate institution – or have equivalent educational experience, with majors in education, child development and sports psychology viewed favorably.
- You have at least three (3) years of relevant professional experience working with children, some full-time experience working in a school or youth development organization preferred.
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You lead & manage by example. By balancing the composure, integrity, clarity and empathy necessary to act as a positive influence on your team and Headfirst as a whole, you are a natural leader who works with a sense of urgency and commitment necessary to achieve our business objectives.
- You are an agile and strategic problem-solver. You understand that as a business grows, its practices, processes and policies may need to as well, and you’re not afraid to innovate with a collaborative approach.
- You are solution-oriented. You thrive in an environment that pushes you to think outside of the box, working with your team to brainstorm and innovate for all obstacles you face.
What You'll Gain:
- Coaching & Professional Development Experience. You will be the mentor and manager for all program leaders onsite and will provide your team with valuable feedback to implement instructional best practices.
- Interpersonal Experience. Our team ranges from first-time educators to seasoned professionals, and through exposure to these unique groups you will gain experience working with all personalities and work styles.
- Educational Leadership & Administration Skills. In this role, you will be the onsite expert for child development and support, working with a wide variety of age levels and across a variety of curricula.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top