Assistant Director - Operations & People: 2019-2159
- Leesburg, VA
Responsible for both the management of the onsite team across all levels and the coordination of materials and facility logistics, the Assistant Director – Operations & People thinks clearly with the ability to consider the impact of interconnected programming and facilitates the organization of our camp programs and staff on their site. Reporting to the Site Director and managing their own team of coordinators, they are a natural leader who values personal connections with their team.
What You'll Do:
- Be the Face of Talent. As the manager of a team of individuals with diverse backgrounds, you will be responsible for managing the details related to getting your team up to speed. From answering questions about onboarding, to assisting with re-training or simply lending a listening ear, your staff looks up to you.
- Manage the Big Picture. You will be the on-site logistics owner and talent manager and know that a successful day comes down to understanding how details fit together. You will be the point of contact for multiple flows of information, and responsible for supporting the logistics across camp programs.
- Embody the Headfirst Spirit. You are a natural leader and are committed to meeting counselors where they are in their professional journey. Through your work you aspire to create an incredibly fun and supportive camp environment for your team, challenging them to push themselves throughout the summer.
- Hold Your Team Accountable. We expect a lot of our team, and you are no different – you are well versed in our policies and training procedures and know how and when something is supposed to happen. You love to organize and plan and lead by example to further the education of your fellow team members.
- Train Your Team. Facilitation of training is an essential element of your role. You will use Headfirst provided resources to train your staff on expectations, roles, responsibilities and best practices to ensure the productivity, engagement and overall job satisfaction of your team
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have completed at least three (3) years at an accredited undergraduate institution – or have equivalent educational experience, with majors in human resources, operations, business and counseling viewed favorably.
- You have experience managing a team of direct reports.
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You lead & manage by example. By balancing the composure, integrity, clarity and empathy necessary to act as a positive influence on your team and Headfirst as a whole, you are a natural leader who works with a sense of urgency and commitment necessary to achieve our business objectives.
- You are solution-oriented. You thrive in an environment that pushes you to think outside of the box, working with your team to brainstorm and innovate for all obstacles you face.
What You'll Gain:
- Leadership Experience. As a member of the highest level of leadership, you will be the “go-to” person for a wide variety of situations throughout the camp day. Here, you will become an effective leader and manager for both your counselors and program leaders.
- Problem Solving & Strategic Thinking. Every camp day presents completely new challenges, and through this summer you will learn to think on your feet and become an exceptional decision maker.
- Interpersonal & Management Experience. Our team ranges from first-time educators to seasoned professionals, and through exposure to these unique groups you will gain experience working with all personalities and work styles.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top