Aquatics Program Leader, Headfirst Summer Camps: 2019-2144
The pool is home to one of our most popular camp activities, where campers of all ages participate in daily recreational or instructional swim time. Reporting to the Aquatics Director - Quality Assurance, the Aquatics Program Leader will manage our Swim Instructors and Certified Lifeguards, as each member of the Aquatics team understands how swimming instruction is a crucial development tool for all campers.
What You'll Do:
- Coach and Connect. As the leader of our Aquatics team, you will be responsible for the training and re-training, as needed, of each Swim Instructor and Certified Lifeguard you manage. You will also continually coach your team on methods to enhance each camper’s experience.
- Keep Safety at the Forefront. You will keep a laser focus on each and every camper during swimming blocks, hyperaware of everything not only in the pool, but also on the pool deck and in the locker rooms. By actively monitoring all campers and instructors, you will ensure that our aquatics program adheres strictly to our policies and procedures.
- Take Projects Head-On. Four (4) of our camp programs participate in recreational and instructional swim with the age of participants ranging from 3 to 13. You are a master of details and schedules, juggling many tasks at once while giving each program the attention it deserves.
- Encourage Camper Growth. The pool can be either a frightening obstacle or source of joy for our campers, with many emotions in-between. You know how to work effectively with all levels of swim experience and encourage campers to grow, while appropriately stretching their comfort zone.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have completed at least three (3) years at an accredited undergraduate institution, with majors in education or sports management fields viewed favorably.
- You have at least two (2) years of relevant professional experience in swim instruction experience with experience managing a team of instructors viewed favorably.
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You lead by example. By balancing the composure, integrity, clarity and empathy necessary to act as a positive influence on your team and Headfirst as a whole, you are a natural leader who works with a sense of urgency and commitment necessary to achieve our business objectives.
- You are a coachable and motivated teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through experience, challenging yourself to go above and beyond the call of duty.
- You are solution-oriented. You thrive in an environment that pushes you to think outside of the box, working with your team to brainstorm and innovate for all obstacles you face.
What You'll Gain:
- Coaching & Professional Development. You will be the guide and leader for your program and will provide your team of counselors with valuable feedback to improve what they do, every day.
- Innovative Thinking & Creativity Under Pressure. Throughout the summer you will have the opportunity to provide your own innovations and creative touch to our curriculum as needed.
- Logistics & Operations Experience. Being the lead isn’t for everyone, but by managing your own program you will be responsible for managing the moving pieces of supplies and curriculum elements with our in-house operations team.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top