After Care Lead Coach, Chicago Cubs Baseball Camps: 2018-1888
Reporting to the Site Leader, the After Care Lead Coach at Chicago Cubs Baseball Camps is responsible for the safety, enjoyment, and development of every ballplayer under their care. Our After Care Lead Coaches act as a Coach throughout the camp day, transitioning to their role as After Care Lead Coach following the afternoon checkout process. The After Care Lead Coach must have experience both on the baseball field and in the classroom, in order to execute the recreational and instructional baseball-related activities, games, and projects that the After Care curriculum offers. Most importantly, the After Care Lead Coach must be able to approach each day and its unique challenges with energy, patience, and a sense of humor.
What You'll Do:
- Facilitate Curriculum. We believe the best Coaches don’t just sit on a bucket all day. We show up every day ready to work and expect our coaches to do the same. To truly provide the best experience, After Care Lead Coaches must master and execute both the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps Baseball/Softball and After Care curriculums, schedules, polices, and safety protocols.
- Lead the Program. We take our jobs seriously and are proud to deliver on the experiences we have promised our families. As an After Care Lead Coach, you are relied on to be a leader on-site. Families have entrusted us with the care of their children and you take on the role of the Headfirst Professional Sports Camp representative for each family after traditional camp hours.
- Build Your Foundation. Preparation is key and using the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps online and in-person trainings, you will continue to develop your love for the game while honoring the commitment you have made to your ballplayers and teammates this summer. Through studying, learning, and then immersing yourself in all Headfirst Professional Sports Camps curriculums, you will separate yourself as a proven leader and provide an unforgettable experience to all ballplayers you encounter.
- Provide Unrivaled Experiences. You will lead ballplayers through VIP stadium visits and player meet-and-greets. This once in a lifetime experience gives you and your team a behind the scenes look at an official Major League Baseball club while you ensure the safety, well-being, and enjoyment of all participants.
- Handle the Curveballs. We believe obstacles are temporary and embrace any challenge as an opportunity to improve. As a member of our team you may be asked to step out of your comfort zone to help problem-solve, lend a helping hand, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have:
- Graduated high school – or have equivalent educational experience – and are more than one full year out of high school in summer 2019.
- At least two (2) years’ experience playing baseball/softball during high school years or later.
- At least one (1) year of experience working with children.
- CPR/First Aid Certification, or ability to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification prior to camp starting.
- You are:
- Highly Motivated. A self-starter who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A Coachable Teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection, and by both providing and receiving performance feedback.
- A Leader Through Action. Always doing the right thing is how we conduct business. You have the ability to be a vocal, energetic, and enthusiastic leader who possesses the charisma, passion, and polish to serve as an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
- Passionate. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
2019 Dates & Locations:
- June 17 - June 21: Welles Park in Chicago, IL
- June 24 - June 28: Lake Forest Academy in Lake Forest, IL
- July 8 - July 12: Maine West High School in Des Plaines, IL
- July 15 - July 19: Harper College in Palatine, IL
- July 22 - July 26: IC Catholic Prep in Elmhurst, IL
- July 29 - August 2: Evanston Township HS in Evanston, IL
- August 5 - August 9: Benet Academy in Naperville, IL
- August 12 - August 16: Richard E. Staples Park in Lake Zurich, IL
- August 19 - August 23: Welles Park in Chicago, IL
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
Back to top