You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will have end-to-end accountability for the reliability of IT services within a defined application portfolio. A prerequisite to the role will be a "build-to-manage", problem-solving and innovative mindset applied to the design, build, test, deploy, change and maintenance of services drawing from deep engineering expertise. Key measures of success will include service stability, effective delivery and environment instrumentation, deployment quality, technical debt reduction, asset resiliency, risk/security compliance, cost efficiency, proactive and preventative maintenance mechanisms, top quartile operating norms. The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will actively contribute to sustained advancement of the SRE practice within and beyond a given area of responsibility.
Primary Job Duties:
- Guide the use of best in class software engineering standards and design practices for instrumenting code/application technology stack to enable the generation of relevant metrics on overall technology health - availability, performance, quality, currency and resiliency.
- Serve as key liaison between the architecture and software engineering teams to influence the technical strategy for the organization, keeping in mind its cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization, and architecture rationalization.
- Function as the go-to technical leader for the applications supported, requiring depth and breadth of knowledge in technologies, applications, integration, interfaces and business domain.
DevSecOps Solution Responsibilities:
- Develop effective tooling, alerts, and response mechanisms to identify and address reliability risks leveraging automation to support problem prevention, detection, mitigation, and resolution.
- Enhance the delivery flow by engineering the appropriate solutions to increase delivery speed while adhering to technology standards for sustained reliability.
- Progressively implement preventative controls and drive increased automation and self-healing capabilities. Continue to improve cost efficiency baselines
- Promote and implement innovative solutions.
IT Ops Responsibilities:
- Ensure operational excellence. Independently drive the triaging and service restoration of all high impact incidents in order to minimize the mean time to service restoration and impact to the business. Demonstrate end-to-end ownership.
- Partner with infrastructure teams to design and implement intelligent incident routing, enhanced monitoring/alerting capabilities and automated service restoration processes. Take proactive measures to prevent high impactful incidents.
- Achieve and maintain the continuity of Hartford and third party assets that support a business function. Accountable for keeping the IT application and infrastructure metadata repositories current.
- System Thinking end-to-end - Broad understanding of enterprise architectures and complex (backend) systems (understand more than the component itself)
- Highly collaborative, partners with peers, stakeholders with a passion about delighting customers.
- Hands on experience with Performance and Observability tools such as DynaTrace, Splunk, TrueSight, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and related tools.
- Strong solution architecture orientation to enable expedient troubleshooting, issue-resolution and root-cause removal in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Experience with continuous integration and DevOps methodologies, preferred tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, Rally, SonarQube etc.
- Keeps abreast with new market technologies and adept at learning and adopting new models. Promotes and applies continuous learning.
- Knowledge of complex traditional and modern enterprise architectures and systems (understand more than the component itself).
- Strong hybrid cloud experience (private and public) across various service delivery models - IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- Strong communication (verbally and written) / collaboration / negotiation skill, working in a diverse team cross business units
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Remote candidates welcome
As a condition of your employment for HIMCO, you will be required to affirm to HIMCO's Code of Ethics and understand that you will be required to comply with the disclosure of accounts, holdings and pre-clearance of trades for the accounts of you and your household family members as more fully described in the Code of Ethics Key Points. If you will be deemed to be a "Covered Associate" under HIMCO's Pay to Play Policy, you will also need to disclose all political contributions that you have given within the past 2 calendar years.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$123,120 - $184,680
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
About Us | Culture & Employee Insights | Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | Benefits
Senior Staff Software Engineer - IE07HE