Sound (Freelance) Engineer
- United States
The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School is a successful and growing school that has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and 60 Minutes for its radical investment in teachers and its outstanding results.
Why this job? This is an amazing opportunity for a professional with the technical expertise to oversee the sound engineering needs for special live events at our brand new Middle School with a state-of-the-art Performing Arts space.
Watch to be inspired and learn more about TEP’s New Building and get a glimpse of our Performing Arts floor!
Position Overview: TEP's music program emphasizes performance through regular ensemble concerts for the TEP community. Under the direction of our Music Department, TEPs’ Sound (Freelance) Engineer will support the school’s vision for music education and performing arts, by ensuring that students and staff are supported during live performances by preparing for, and managing, all sound engineering needs.
TEP’s Sound (Freelance) Engineer will:
- Work comfortably and confidently in live sound environments for musical theater, choir, pop/rock, and traditional band ensembles.
- Lead the operation and manage all troubleshooting issues that arise during events using a full Dante networked audio setup. This setup relies on the Yamaha QL/Rio line along with a Crestron NVX components and Symmetrix Radius DSP that relies on Symmetrix Composer software.
- Set-up and manage wireless microphones, speakers, cables, audio feed from video sources, and occasional music instruments through the building’s audio infrastructure, with museum-level care and attention to detail.
- Have the flexibility to work during special events as needed (some nights and/or weekends).
- This may require 1-2 hours of set-up and breakdown of TEP equipment
- The Sound (Freelance) Engineer is paid a competitive hourly rate
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter below. Applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received. If you submit both a cover letter and resume, you will receive a response from us as to whether or not you will be invited to the next stage of the process.
Back to top