Senior Project Manager
- United States
Why this job: Help shape the future of students in Washington Heights and Inwood by joining the leadership of The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, which has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 Minutes for its radical investment in teachers and its outstanding results. Given The Equity Project's revolutionary model, this is an amazing opportunity for a strategic project manager who can effectively and efficiently manage the operations of one of our campuses, as The Equity Project expands from a 480-student middle school to a 1200-student Kindergarten through 8th grade school.
Position overview: The Senior Project Manager is a dynamic, fast paced role that requires expert attention to detail and the ability to manage a complex caseload of projects and initiatives. This individual will streamline and develop the school's operations by overseeing operational systems, identifying both short-term and long-term strategies, managing our operations team, and serving as an operations consultant and expert. This individual will oversee daily operations and management of multiple concurrent programs, projects, and initiatives.
Join us for an VIRTUAL Operations Info Session!
Learn more about TEP's vision of Operational Excellence, what it's like to be part of the TEP community, and how YOU can join our collective mission to achieve educational equity for all students
Please RSVP here!
- Develop the school’s current and future operational capacity by managing all non-instructional projects, including:
- NY State Assessments; coordination of logistics related to state testing
- Data systems (i.e. TEP’s Student Information System and ATS)
- Student Recruitment and Enrollment
- Student Transportation; managing student transportation logistics (i.e. yellow bus, Metro Cards) and the relationship with DOE’s Office of Pupil Transportation
- Technology Support Vendors; serve as TEP’s management liaison with all technology vendors
- School Food Program; oversee the set-up of school meals with the Department of Education, ensure compliance with Department of Health, and the timely distribution of meals for all students
- Plan & Oversee School Events
- Direct logistics of school ceremonies and special events
- Manage all Field Trips logistics
- Partner with professionals at all levels to maximize operational performance according to the seasonal activities for the school
- Influence excellence in project management, operations, and collaboration
- Provide leadership, guidance and training for the Front Office Team
- Co-Manage Facility & Security Personnel Team
- Ensure a culture of customer service and solutions-oriented support for students, families, staff, and visitors
- Minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated experience in project management
- Expert project management and supervisory experience required; displays the ability to oversee and refine strategic projects and influence direct and indirect reports
- Excited by the opportunity to seamlessly manage a multitude of concurrent projects and initiatives
- Experience with project management software tools, management methodologies, and best practices
- High level communication skills; bilingual Spanish fluency, preferred
Accountability: The Senior Project Manager reports directly to The Equity Project's Chief People and Services Officer
Compensation: The Senior Project Manager earns a competitive salary in the range of $90K to $100K based on the individual’s experience level, with benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, 403b retirement plan, STD, LTD and Life Insurance. The Senior Project Manager has approximately 6 weeks of vacation (which includes school vacation days).
Back to top