Why this job: Help shape the future of students in Washington Heights and Inwood by joining a successful three campus school with a revolutionary model aimed at transforming public education.
Watch the video below to learn more about TEP's new Middle School facility, designed with community and equity at the forefront.
Position Overview: Join The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School as part of our School Safety team! This position is designed to provide leadership in creating and maintaining a warm, welcoming, and safe environment for all students, employees, and visitors to TEP’s three campuses. The School Safety Supervisor provides leadership as well as regular shift coverage as needed at all three campuses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all members of the security team greet all visitors to campus in a welcoming and professional manner, always demonstrating exemplary customer service; request identification and maintain a visitor log of all visitors, announce visitors to main office and assist with directions.
- Onboard and train new school safety team members in proper security norms and procedures. Be well grounded in the school’s discipline protocol in order to respond to incidents in a way that builds relationships and fosters a positive school culture.
- Coach, develop, and support TEP’s school safety team in order to maintain the safety of the students, staff members, and overall facility.
- Knowledgeable and able to train team members on security technology and equipment including CCTV, access control, egress alarms, panic bars, radios, etc. As needed, monitor footage from security cameras on a regular basis to ensure that cameras are recording/operating. Report any technical issues to Operations.
- Prepare and maintain schedules for School Safety Ambassadors for multiple shifts on three campuses.
- Develop an inspection schedule of the physical features of our campuses including, but not limited to, lighting, doors, fire and drill preparedness and other life and safety measures. Ensure that inspections are completed and submitted on time. Work with Facilities and Operations to resolve facility or operational issues such as missing signs, keys, hooks, etc.
- Work with the Operations, Facilities, and Engineering teams to develop and recommend protocols that can improve safety of each campus, such as technology theft prevention, fire safety, emergency preparedness, etc.
- Organize key boxes so they are up to date, clearly labeled and secure. Support Operations in monitoring and tracking key distribution.
- Provide regular post coverage as needed.
- Provide weekly summaries of important issues or identified gaps to Director of Facilities and School Safety.
- Minimum of 2+ years of demonstrated experience in a relevant supervisory role
- Must have a valid NYS Security Guard License
- Must obtain, within 90 days of hiring, FDNY certificates of fitness for fire guard (F01), fire drills (F7 or D10), place of assembly (F03), and OSHA 10hr Site Safety certification.
- Spanish fluency, preferred
Compensation and benefits: The School Safety Supervisor earns a competitive annual salary in the range of $60,000 to $65,000, based on the individual’s experience level. Salary commensurate with experience; includes a full benefits package including medical, vision, dental and 403b retirement plan. The School Safety Supervisor has approximately 4 weeks of vacation, personal days and all federal holidays.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter through the form below.