Join the team at The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, featured in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 Minutes for its revolutionary teacher salaries and its outstanding results. TEP aims to achieve educational equity for students from low-income families by utilizing world-class teachers, while re-imagining the teaching profession as a place in which teachers prioritize their own growth as pedagogical experts and community leaders.
Watch the video below to learn more about TEP's new Middle School facility, designed with community and equity at the forefront.
About the Role
Given The Equity Project's revolutionary model, this is an amazing opportunity for an individual who can effectively and enthusiastically maximize the operational efficiency for our brand new state-of-the-art Middle School campus, home to TEP's 480 fifth grade through eighth grade students and families.
The Middle School Operations Specialist is a dynamic role that requires the expertise to manage extensive school operations. This individual will maximize the school’s operational performance and customer experience, by managing and refining operational systems, executing short-term and long-term strategies, and supporting TEP's growth.
- Oversee TEP Customer Service Culture
- Serve as Ambassador to TEP's Customer Service Culture
- Ensure welcoming, solution-oriented service for students, families, staff, & visitors
- Influence operational excellence and collaboration
- Plan & Manage School Events
- Work alongside Director of Operations to coordinate logistics of graduation, family events, concerts, and special events
- Manage all Field Trips Logistics
- Partner with professionals at all levels to maximize operational performance according to the seasonal activities for the school
- Manage Technology Support Vendors
- Interface with Tech Consulting Firm to support staff and student technology
- Manage Copier Vendor to ensure functioning machines
- Manage Administration of all NY State Assessments
- Coordinate all logistics of state testing
- Manage Data Systems
- Ensure that all student data is updated in TEP's Asset Management System and Student Grading platforms
- Minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated experience in a relevant role
- Working knowledge of school systems, preferred
- Experience working with technology, preferred
- Growth mindset and interest in developing as an operations leader; ability to manage operational needs if/when the Director of Operations is unavailable
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Exhibits strong communication skills and writing ability
- Complete Spanish fluency
- The opportunity to join an experienced, diverse, and mission-driven team that is passionate about educational equity
- Compensation: Competitive annual salary in the range of $65K to $70K, based on the individual’s experience level
- Time Off: 6 weeks of vacation (which includes school vacation days)
- Guidance and Mentorship: Reports directly to TEP's campus Director of Operations
- Employee Wellness: We value your well-being through our Staff Food Program, Staff Retreats, and Wellness Programming
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance policies
- Family Focus: Parental leave and dependent care account so you can care for your loved ones
- 403b Retirement Plan: We care about your ability to save for your future
- Learning & Development: A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, including tuition and continuous learning reimbursements
NOTE: In adherence with Department of Health guidelines, all charter school staff is required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.