- Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Join the team at The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, featured in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 minutes for its revolutionary teacher salaries and its outstanding results.
Position Overview: The Equity Project Charter School is seeking a motivated, experienced and dependable individual to join TEP’s new Middle School campus: a newly constructed 60,000 square foot, state-of-the-art building scheduled to open in 2019, and home to 480 (5th grade through 8th grade) students. The Handyperson will be responsible for building maintenance and repairs in the areas of light plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and appliances.
- Regularly inspect classrooms, bathrooms, offices and shared spaces for maintenance issues.
- Conduct regular preventative maintenance on basic plumbing system and building systems.
- Efficiently complete all daily work orders in a specified amount of time and report completed work orders electronically.
- Work with operations and facilities team to ensure all repairs and services are completed on a timely basis.
- Troubleshoot and repair maintenance issues involving basic electrical, plumbing, A/C, HVAC, appliances, and carpentry.
- Perform custodial duties for the TEP School Facility as needed.
- Responds to after hour on-call emergencies.
- Stays current on all applicable building codes and safety standards.
- Maintains waste and recycling rooms.
- Upkeep school exterior, including sweeping and snow removal.
- Maintains the proper storage and upkeep of power tools and equipment.
- Conducts inventory of tools and supplies needed to perform handyperson duties and inform supervisor of supply needs.
- Advises immediate supervisor on the condition of buildings and facilities by conducting regular inspections and develop a plan of action to remedy maintenance issues.
- Strong experience and knowledge of painting and plastering, basic plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and appliance repair.
- Knowledge and experience in the safe use of power tools.
- Previous school maintenance experience, preferred.
- A positive attitude and dependable work ethic.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Basic computer skills or experience using a computer based work order tracking system.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Accountability: The Handyperson will report directly to the Facilities Supervisor.
Compensation and benefits: Hourly rate of $22 per hour with weekly hours varying between 35 to 40 hours per week along with occasional weekends and overtime work. The Handyperson has approximately 3 weeks of vacation in addition to 10 federal holidays. Paid sick and holiday time may be used after 120 days of employment. Medical, vision and dental plans are available. TEP also offers a retirement plan, life insurance, Dependent Care FSA and other benefits.
To apply, you must submit an application that consists of two components: 1 – Resume and 2 - Cover Letter. The requirements for each of the two components are specified in detail below.
- RESUME: Please submit an up-to-date resume.
- COVER LETTER: Please submit a well-written cover letter.
Back to top