- Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Why this job: Help shape the future of students in Washington Heights and Inwood by joining a successful and expanding school with a revolutionary model aimed at transforming public education.
Position Overview: Join TEP’s Facilities supervisory team! This position is designed to support the Director of Facilities at one of TEP’s Washington Heights campuses. Responsibilities include ensuring the maintenance of the school campus, the delivery of school food to classrooms, and oversight of repairs and other daily operational tasks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting the work of custodial personnel and directing corrective measures to be taken when necessary
- Supervision of custodial/maintenance staff in maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of classrooms, offices, furnishings, and equipment as well as campus entrances and exterior walkways
- Supervision of repair and maintenance of school facilities by handyperson and other staff
- Monitoring the work of external contractors for services including but not limited to cleaning, HVAC, plumbing and electrical
- Training new employees in proper procedures for the delivery of school food to classrooms, light repairs, the use of electrically-powered machines, cleaning compounds and other daily operational tasks
- Responding to work order requests electronically in a timely fashion and scheduling the necessary work to complete work requests
- Conduct regular inspections of all facilities to inform planning of projects and improved safety of facilities
- Helping manage daily operational duties as needed (e.g. lunch distribution, snow removal, special events, etc.)
- Managing inventory of custodial supplies and facilities equipment and re-ordering supplies as needed
- Responding to work order requests in a timely fashion and scheduling the necessary work to complete work requests
- Plan and execute campus improvement and seasonal maintenance during school breaks
- Strong experience and knowledge of painting and plastering, basic plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and appliance repair
- Basic computer skills or experience using a computer based work order tracking system
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds; able to work outdoors during inclement weather.
- Minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated experience in a relevant supervisory role
- Flexibility to work evening schedules (until 11 PM) and on weekends, as needed
- Must obtain clearance for employment from the State Educational Department based upon a fingerprint and criminal history background check
- Certificates of fitness, preferred: Standpipe (S-12), Automatic Sprinkler (S-13) and Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems (S-95) issued by the New York City Fire Department
- Spanish fluency, preferred
Compensation and benefits: The Facilities Supervisor earns a competitive annual salary in the range of $58,500 to $60,000, based on the individual’s experience level. Salary commensurate with experience; includes a full benefits package including medical, vision, dental and 403b retirement plan. Approximately 20 days of vacation.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter through the form below.
Back to top