Why this job: Help shape the future of students in Washington Heights and Inwood by joining a successful and expanding school with a revolutionary model aimed at transforming public education.
Position Overview: Join TEP as part of the facilities support team! This position is designed to assist the Operations Manager at one of TEP’s Washington Heights campuses. Responsibilities include delivery of school food to classrooms, maintaining the school campus, light repairs and performing other daily operational tasks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Clean classrooms and offices according to schedule, including desks, furniture, and windows
- Inspect, clean and disinfect bathrooms on a daily basis
- Ensure the continued compliance of school recycling program
- Upkeep school exterior including sweeping, trash and recycling collection and disposal and snow removal
- Track inventory and timely notify Office Manager of necessary order placement
- Keep storage rooms organized and monitor inventory levels of supplies and communicate to admin staff
- Perform minor repair work including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, painting, and carpentry
- Unload and receive deliveries
- Set up and break down rooms for special events
- Receive school food deliveries, prep for distribution, and deliver meals to classrooms at designated times
- Respond to facilities related requests from staff in a prompt and courteous manner
- Alert Operations Manager of any facilities related deficiencies or safety hazards encountered during regular rounds
- Perform special projects during school breaks that may require heavy lifting, light repair, and deep cleaning of school spaces
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Two or more years of maintenance experience is preferred
- Willing to work overtime hours during the week or weekend, stay late occasionally for school events as needed
- Able to work outdoors during inclement weather.
- Being punctual, keep required work schedules, and follow work rules.
- Open, flexible, and adaptable to new challenges and tasks as they come up.
- Treats others with respect, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, background, or ability
- Acts with honesty and integrity at all times
- Must speak, understand and communicate in English
- Must obtain clearance for employment from the State Educational Department based upon a fingerprint and criminal history background check
Compensation: Hourly rate of $18 per hour with weekly daytime shift hours varying between 35 to 40 hours per week along with occasional weekends and overtime work. Paid sick and holiday time may be used after 120 days of employment. Medical, Vision and Dental plans are available. TEP also offers a retirement plan, life insurance, Dependent Care FSA and other benefits.
Back to top