Position Overview: The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School is seeking a motivated and dependable professional to support our Elementary School students who ride the bus to and from school.
- Assists parents and school personnel with safe loading and unloading of students; coordinates seating of students, as required by State Transportation Guidelines
- Ensures students are safe (for school arrival or school dismissal) while the bus is in operation
- Implements rules and regulations, policies and administrative guidelines as adopted by the NYC Department of Education and The Equity Project Charter School
- Communicates with teachers, principals, and parents concerning student background, medical problems and behavior as appropriate
- High school diploma, or GED
- Successful completion of NYSED and NYCDOE mandated certification
- Experience with early childhood is a plus
- Spanish fluency preferred, but not required
- In adherence with Department of Health guidelines, all charter school staff is required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Required Daily Availability:
- Approximately 7:10 AM to 8:10 AM (for bus arrival to school) and 3 PM to 4:10 PM (for bus dismissal from school). Approximately 5 additional hours per week, for weekly training and department meetings (usually before school dismissal time). Each AM and PM shift is dependent on the corresponding bus route.
Compensation: Bus Monitors are paid $15 per hour