Alumni Engagement Specialist
- New York, NY
Why this job: Help shape the future of students in Washington Heights and Inwood by joining the team of a successful and expanding school that has been a featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 Minutes for its radical investment in teachers and its outstanding results. Given TEP’s revolutionary model and commitment to serving all its students and alumni, this is an amazing opportunity for an individual who is seeking an intense, fun, on-the-ground learning experience that touches various aspects of urban education including alumni engagement, student programming, school operations, and development.
Position Overview: The Alumni Engagement Specialist is a dynamic role, dedicated to maximizing the services offered for our 800+ TEP alumni (as TEP expands from a 480-student middle school to a 1200-student Pre-K through 8th grade school). This role is for someone who strongly believes in TEP’s revolutionary approach to achieving educational equity for underserved communities and is enthusiastic about collaborating with TEP’s talented team to innovate and best serve our alumni community.
If the following role responsibilities sound interesting to you, we encourage you to apply!
- Support the development of TEP’s expanding Alumni program, by refining our suite of alumni services
- Increase alumni engagement (on-campus and off-campus) by developing meaningful and frequent experiences; fostering a culture of higher education, self-advocacy, and student support in the exploration of career paths
- Build on Regents prep courses, SAT prep courses, college application prep, and in-college partnership programs
- Execute special events, including but not limited to, college and career fairs, and alumni reunions
- Support the Senior Director of Alumni engagement in the tracking and analysis of alumni data, related to credit accumulation, progress towards High School graduation, college matriculation, college success, and career data
- Support alumni, students and parents through professional development, training, workshops, and coaching opportunities
- Connect with schools and/or other professional organizations to maximize opportunities for advancement of TEP alumni; advocate on behalf of alumni, as needed
- Manage platforms for communication, ensuring we meet the needs of our diverse alumni community
- Support fundraising initiatives and partnerships that expand TEP’s alumni program
You are an ideal candidate for TEP’s Alumni Engagement Specialist position if you are:
- FLUENT in Spanish. To best serve the needs of our alumni families, this is an essential requirement of the position.
- DYNAMIC COMMUNICATOR You exhibit strong and effective written and verbal communication skills that engage all audiences
- COMPASSIONATE You excel at interpersonal relationships by listening attentively, building trust, leading by example, communicating clearly, and interacting with others respectfully at all times
- DATA-CENTRIC You are a systems-oriented thinker who analyzes information thoughtfully and develops sustainable systems that promote efficiency and improve outcomes
- SPIRITED You possess unwavering integrity and an enthusiastic pursuit for professional growth
- ORGANIZED You demonstrate strong organizational skills and detail orientation, with a keen awareness that getting the details right is critical to organizational success
- TECH SAVVY You are a social media and online communications guru!
Accountability: The Alumni Engagement Specialist will report directly to TEP’s Senior Director of Alumni Engagement.
Compensation and benefits: The Alumni Engagement Specialist earns a competitive salary in the range of $60K to $75K based on the individual’s experience level. Robust benefits package included; approximately eight weeks of vacation.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter below.
Back to top