Description - External
This is an open and continuous posting for Full and Part-Time positions on our Evening and Night Shifts.
The Holyoke Veterans Home is seeking several compassionate, professional, and enthusiastic Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) who are passionate about building meaningful relationships and having the ability provide outstanding care with honor and dignity to our veteran residents. The ideal candidates will assist in the daily living routine of our residents, assess and communicate changes in condition, and recommend solutions in care and service under the direction of a licensed nurse.
We have part-time and full-time benefited opportunities available on our Evening (3:00 pm - 11:30 pm) and our Night (11:15 pm - 7:15 am) shifts with alternating weekend and holiday schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Provide direct care to residents and assist with activities of daily living, including but not limited to bathing, grooming, mobility, incontinence care, dressing, feeding and other services of support
- Record resident weights and measurements, intake and output, food consumption, and other information as assigned
- Accompany patients to appointments and recreational activities
- Assist nurses and physicians with exams or treatments, including turning and positioning of patients, draping, and use of safety measures as necessary
- Review resident chart and participate in collecting data needed for the accurate completion of the CNA Care Card and Nursing Care Plan; provide input to the assigned nurse for continued plan development
- Recognize urgent or emergency patient care situations; seek assistance of the nursing staff and/or physician on duty
- Establish supportive relationships with veteran residents and their families to promote positive interactions; incorporate the mission and philosophy of the Holyoke Veterans Home
- Develop and promote a safe environment for quality client care through adherence of established policies, procedures, and standards
- Participate in in-services and daily/weekly staff meetings as required
- Must possess a current, active certification as a Nurse Aide in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- CPR certification through the American Heart Association
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to deal tactfully with others
- At least one (1) year of experience in the care of geriatric patients in a healthcare setting such as long-term care
- Certification in dementia, hospice, or other relevant discipline
- Ability to establish effective relationships with individuals, families, and team members
- Demonstrated attention to detail with readiness to respond appropriately when needed
- Capacity to maintain accurate records and exercise discretion in handling confidential information
- Skilled in the use of using a computer for completion of work assignments
The Holyoke Veterans Home is a state-funded, fully accredited health care facility that offers veterans quality health care, including full-time residential accommodations, and provides educational and social services for Veterans in the Commonwealth. The Holyoke Veterans Home is staffed by approximately 330+ administrators, clinicians, nurses, certified nursing assistants, skilled trade, dietary staff, housekeeping staff, contractors, consultants and general administrative personnel. The tradition of service to the veterans of Massachusetts is surpassed only by a continued commitment to excellence in care for those who are in need now and in the future. Our mission is to provide "Care with Dignity, Honor, and Respect" to our Veterans.
Learn more about our important work: http://www.mass.gov/hly
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori
Education, licensure, and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division's Hiring Guidelines.
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth's website.
If you require assistance with the application/interview process and would like to request an ADA accommodation, please click on the link and complete the Reasonable Accommodation Online Request Form.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: None.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: None.
When you embark on a career with the Commonwealth, you are offered an outstanding suite of employee benefits that add to the overall value of your compensation package. We take pride in providing a work experience that supports you, your loved ones, and your future.
Want the specifics? Explore our Employee Benefits and Rewards!
COVID Vaccine: As a condition of employment, depending on job assignment and location, employees may be required to have received COVID-19 vaccination and/or other vaccinations, or to have been approved for a vaccination exemption prior to their start date. Details relating to demonstrating compliance with this requirement will be provided to applicants selected for employment.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Commonwealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Research suggests that qualified women, Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Color (BIPOC) may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive to apply for this role.