At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) team is seeking an Associate Spacecraft Systems Vehicle Engineer (VE) to support daily operations in the end to end technical management of a spacecraft mission in Las Cruces, New Mexico. The VE will serve as a focal point for vehicle technical issues and functions, and coordination between site and factory engineering teams.
- Provides on-site operational support and oversight, and implementation guidance for anomaly resolution and special test activities.
- Ensures long-term activities are planned and coordinated, and are ready for execution in a timely manner for spacecraft operations or the spacecraft factory provider.
- Regular on-call support and occasional support of off-hours activities.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluates customer and /operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Provides daily oversight of vehicle payload functionality.
- Reviews operational logs.
- Analyzes daily trend plots.
- Performs limit check reviews.
- Supports factory/customer requests for specific monitoring.
- Coordinates implementation of Boeing factory recommendations and technical issues with local and factory experts.
- Conducts review(s) and closure(s) of discrepancy reports, providing support to daily Site- Factory interface meeting.
- Develops scripts and tools with Perl, Python, Matlab, Excel/VBA, etc.
- Updates documentation as required.
- Maintains knowledge of vehicle contingency procedures.
- Maintains current workarounds and memograms.
- Maintains/updates vehicle databases as required.
- Supports memogram development, provides oversight to anomaly resolution from system perspective.
- Supports calibration activities as required.
- Reviews and reports trend analysis.
- Supports deployments to contingency command and control facilities.
- Provides weekly and monthly status of vehicle performance.
- Provides vehicle payload specific briefings and written reports as required.
- Supports of special Systems Engineering tests and transition related activities.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options. (Las Cruces, New Mexico)
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (A final U.S. Top Secret/SCI Clearance with Counter Intelligence Polygraph Pre-Start is required.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Experience in systems engineering.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working in a complex engineering environment.
- Experience with Space Systems Engineering groups.
- Experience developing scripts and tools with Perl, Python, Matlab, Excel/VBA, etc. Microsoft tool suites.
- Ability to maintain a clear focus in a dynamic, real-time environment.
- An active TS SCI clearance with Polygraph highly preferred.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.