At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Are you up for the challenge? Do you want free money in your 401k? Do you want job security and a company that invests in you? You need to check us out!
In this exciting role you will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development, and analytic technologies.
ALONG WITH COMPETITIVE SALARIES AND OUR COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS, WE OFFER:
- Employee Performance Incentives
- Ongoing Training Opportunities
- Boeing Employee Discount Program
- Health Insurance Opt-out Incentives
- Generous 401k Contribution - 10% contribution (NOT A MATCH)
- Student Debt Payoff
- Up to $30k Tuition Assistance
- HSA Contributions
- Professional Development Program
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Software Developer who understands the details of infrastructure to join our contract team.
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction, MD
Telework Availability: None at this time
What you will do (day in the life):
- Work across a full stack of data analytics techniques and tools from the data layer and ingest all the way up to the user interface.
- Build user interfaces that allow analysts to browse complex data structures and networks to quickly gain valuable new intelligence with ease.
- Design new visualizations that can display many different types and sources of data in ways that enable analysts to quickly gain the insight they're searching for - or don't know about yet.
- Ingest data from a wide variety of disparate sources and formats and unify it into an aligned analyst search/analytics tool.
- Help to maintain the full software product lifecycle of applications from new prototype and test to production and maintenance.
- Quickly develop prototype applications and capabilities leveraging customer dataset expertise and well-established security practices before moving them to fully operational production systems.
- Create search tools and algorithms that can discover complex relationships and identify keywords to highlight previously undiscovered intelligence for analysts.
- Leverage other customer tools in a customer wide tool suite to develop and provide integrated capabilities to make analysts lives easier.
- Solve challenging software engineering problems and decompose requirements to build tools that enable critical capabilities in support of US intelligence operations.
- An Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Some experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required OR Twenty-four (24) years of development experience may be substituted for candidates without a qualifying bachelor's degree.
- AWS (C2S)
- Linux Administration (infrastructure as code)
- Certificates and Security
- Tenable Security Center/ Nessus
- ATO/SSP Process
- Strong technical depth and ability to solve challenging engineering problems.
- Ability to translate challenging requirements into software prototypes with a team.
- Interface with stakeholders and users to improve capabilities and features of supported products
- Ability to Design intuitive user interfaces that allow analysts to discover previously unknown information and relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work iteratively with customers to gather and document user experience requirements in an agile software development lifecycle.
- Ability to describe new prototype capabilities, bug fixes, and enhancements to customers, stakeholders, and project leads.
- A high degree of creativity, interaction design, and problem-solving abilities.
Employees are more effective on the job when they are not distracted by health and financial worries. To support our workforce, we offer a wide variety of health, life and other insurance benefits (as described above) that allow each employee to choose the coverage best suited to their needs and the needs of their family.
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.