At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. Weâ€™re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thatâ€™s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space & Security (BDS) is seeking a Principle Antenna RF & Array Engineer (Level 6)Âto support the organization in Space Vehicles based in El Segundo, CA.
As a Principal Antenna RF and Array Engineer, you will work on satellite antenna/payload products and capabilities that help our customers to meet their mission requirements.
- Directs research, development, integration, and review of complex designs and processes by working with multiple internal and external engineering disciplines to meet optimal antenna and electromagnetic system performance requirements
- Directs review and definition of complex analysis plans and methods, and performs analyses using appropriate analytical tools (e.g. Grasp, HFSS, Matlab) to identify and resolve electromagnetic deficiencies to ensure that optimal design requirements are met.
- Researches innovative solutions for complex issues and develops analysis tools and methods to resolve those issues.
- Directs integration and interpretation of results from internal and external sources for use by multiple stakeholders including other functional areas and external customers.
- Leads mentoring and knowledge transfer planning and execution.
- Foresees and identifies requirements for emerging technologies.
- Creates, allocates, and verifies detailed, complex or unique requirements at system and sub-tier levels, including suppliers.
- Develops architecture and requirement allocation by applying electromagnetic principles and knowledge of systems and components performance to establish design objectives.
- Directs review and definition of complex antenna and electromagnetic test plans and methods and conducts tests, and diagnostics using appropriate measurement tools, processes & procedures to evaluate design performance, determine material properties.
- Researches innovative solutions for complex issues and develops measurement tools and methodologies to resolve those issues.
- Directs integration and interpretation of results from internal and external sources for use by multiple stakeholders including other functional areas and external customers and suppliers.
- Directs verification and validation efforts to ensure that products meet complex system and sub-tier level electromagnetic design requirements and specifications by reviewing product analysis and test data, manufacturing records, and other relevant information.
- Leads or participates in proposal activities by engaging various teams to ensure proper costing structures relative to different architectures and designs.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requiresÂthe ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor'sÂ degree in electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics.Âwith 20 or more years' experience,
- Master's with 18 or more years' experience
- PhD with 15 or more years' experience.Â
- Technical leadership experience in antenna RF design and development
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- MastersÂor PhDÂin electrical engineering strongly preferred.
- Active SSBI, U.S. Security Clearance
- Experience as a cost account manager or integrated product team lead
- Experience performing analyses using analytical tools (e.g. Grasp, HFSS, MATLAB)
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 20 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+15 years' related work experience, Master+18 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Eligible for 3ERP
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.