At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space & Security has an exciting opportunity for an Experienced, Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) Engineer/Scientist to join our Commercial Derivative Aircraft (CDA) division located in Everett, WA.
The KC-46 program is seeking enthusiastic candidates to join our Electromagnetic Environmental Effects Engineering Team. As an E3 engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to work across the entire life cycle of the KC-46 aerial refueling tanker aircraft, from conceptual development into design and test, production and sustainment of the fielded aircraft. You'll experience the big picture and fascinating complexities of the defense industry while getting hands on experience on the aircraft. E3 includes the following environments: Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Lightning, High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF), Precipitation Static, Nuclear Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP), and TEMPEST.
- Develops and validates requirements for various communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Develops E3 architectures to integrate systems and components into higher level systems and platforms.
- Performs E3 trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
- Defines and conducts E3 tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle by developing root-cause analysis of anomalies and other engineering support as requested.
- Supports project management by providing E3 work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and by reporting project status.
- Writes appropriate sections of proposals to support development of new business.
- Works under general direction
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience)
- 2+ years of experience with EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility), EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) or E3 (Electromagnetic Environmental Effects)
- 2+ years of experience or education with electromagnetic theory and advanced mathematics necessary to perform or conduct electromagnetic analysis, design, modeling, and testing
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Experience and/or education in design and testing to electromagnetics standards
Typical Education & Experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Union Representation Statement
This is a union-represented position.
Shift Work Statement
This position is for 1st shift
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.