At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. Weâ€™re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thatâ€™s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Bidenâ€™s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
Boeing has an opening for an Optical/Infrared Systems Software/Analysis Engineer/Physicist (Level 3)Âin Puget Sound in support of multipleÂspace programs.Â The Engineer/Physicist will be responsible for performance modeling, analysis, and optimization of electro-optical payloads, systems and subsystems on space platforms.Â This position requires a background in software modeling with a good understanding of general physics, optics or electromagnetics. This position requires sound technical judgment, and the ability to rapidly make and contribute to decisions that balance the overall architecture design.Â This position requires strong collaboration skills with customers and program team members to effectively model design concepts to measure performance to customer requirements. This position requires strong organizational skills and adaptability to work in a fast-paced and continually changing environment.Â This position requires flexibility to develop analysis plans that incorporate government furnished tools, COTS tools, Model Based Engineering Tools, or individually developed tools to provide to provide rapid and insightful results.Â The successful candidate must be able to decompose large data sets to effective metrics that are clearly communicated.
- Develop system and subsystem models from existing and developmental designs to analyze system and subsystem performance
- Use analytical methods and models, and develop measures of effectiveness/performance for payload and subsystem design elements
- Support development of operational concepts and operational constraints with analysis results
- Incorporate measured data from materials and subsystems in the laboratory into modeling environment
- Support trades and collaboration with engineering team though performance analysis
- Measure performance of design reference missions by modeling mission in software
- Develop and manage data flow through models and simulations, create scripts and connecting code where applicable
This position requires an active Top SecretÂU.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum technical bachelor's degree
- Experience with space systems
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in constructing quantitative analysis and/or modeling in a professional environment
- Experience with optical and infrared systems modeling, analysis, design for aircraft or spacecraft
- Experience and familiarity using physics simulation software to model payloads and subsystems
Typical Education & Experience:Â
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Â
This is a union represented position