At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS), Space and Launch Division, is seeking an Associate Space Communications Systems Engineer (Level 2) to support the team in El Segundo, CA. TheSpace and LaunchTeam creates the next generation products and services for the BDS business unit. We work with proprietary customers in the development of the next-generation technologies in space. Our teamfocuses on rapid prototyping to demonstrate a host of mission-focused technologies for a variety of customers. Our group works all facets of engineering from technology investment, concept development, proposal writing, requirements and design, build, integration, test, and demonstration of products in their relevant environments.
The Associate Space Communications Systems Engineer will be a part of a high-performing team that are immersed in high intensity development projects. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to design, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art communication systems for space-based applications for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. This position will work with a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems. This role project assignments typically span the complete program life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite development, launch, and on-orbit operations and test.
- Design and develop next generation RF, digital, and/or optical satellite communications systems and payload architectures.
- Supporttrade studies.
- Define and verify space communication system requirements and interfaces.
- Perform system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and decomposition.
- Support system-level integration and validation.
- Perform analyses and simulations for space communication systems, including: link analysis, signal distortion, system capacity, reliability, and performance.
- Develop analysis tools using MATLAB and object-oriented software platforms.
- Develop and verify system algorithms that meet functional and performance requirements.
- Perform hardware procurement, design reviews, and unit sell-off.
- Perform system test preparation, execution, troubleshooting, and verification.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Experience with communications subsystems or units.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with digital communications.
- Experience with satellite or terrestrial communications systems and antenna theory.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink and C++.
Bachelor's and2 or more years' experience, Master's degree or PhD degree. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Eligible for 3ERP
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.