Web Applications Developer
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Maintain knowledge of cutting-edge web development practices and recommends them for use, as appropriate.
Works in a temperature controlled office environment. Frequent (up to 25% of time) travel required with exposure to road/air travel hazards and temperature extremes.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
College coursework in Computer Science Information Systems, Business Administration or a related field.
- Developing and implementing innovative web applications
- Prioritizing, coordinating and meeting deadlines on multiple projects and activities
- Creating web project requirements for use by web page coding and layout
- Researching, testing and confirming accuracy of site content
- Evaluating web content for its value in search engine optimization according to keyword frequency, keyword density, formatting, etc.
- Documenting site content manager tools for department and external user groups
- Developing and maintaining a tracking schema for all web projects and assets
- Adding tracking tags for page and campaign reporting purposes
- Effectively manage, warehouse and catalog (using tracking schema) all website content assets
- Performing user acceptance testing of web content and web application as it pertains to supplied requirements
- Correcting website bugs and defects
- Strong analytic skills as it pertains to analyzing and creating web reporting (google analytics, internal reporting, etc.)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Current and emerging web content practices and procedures
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Cascading style sheets (CSS)
- Mobile platforms and apps
- Content management systems and approval process flow
- Application of page layout and format principles
- Cross platform web browsers (Internet Explorer, Safari, FireFox; Chrome)
- Windows/Mac, Mobile (Android, IOS) Operating Systems
- Google Analytics
- Content Management Systems
- Planning and organizing a high volume of projects
- Planning, prioritizing and decision making
- Provide analytical skill/and content knowledge to contribute to team
- Review and comprehend vendor manuals
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external clients
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced, multiple and diverse product, team environment
- Research competitors' products and services
- Work irregular and/or extended hours to meet deadlines
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top