Variable Compensation Consultant Job in Dearborn, MI | Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Design, model, implement, and monitor activity of corporate-wide variable, commission and incentive programs, to include: Sales, Travel, Bank, Car Care, Call Center and other related disciplines. Conduct highly complex work critical to the organization as it relates to variable pay plans. Perform analysis and modeling on various alternate commission/incentive plan designs. Analyze and validate plan performance results. Prepare cost, benefit, break-even and return on investment analyses. Provide analysis interpretations and recommendations for sales, finance and human resource groups. Calculate commission/incentive award payments based on plan provisions. Oversee corporate and regional short-term bonus, contest and promotion programs to align with company growth and profitability goals. Maintain a thorough understanding of the organization's compensation plans to ensure accuracy and compliance.
Maintain positive work relationships with operations and internal and external corporate partners. Serve as a subject matter expert within discipline. Consult with leadership in order to identify and resolve problems, recommend appropriate next steps and program enhancements. Serve as a project leader to facilitate variable pay plans from start to completion.
Maintains an awareness of best industry practices and proposed legislation (state and federal), local and national compensation trends, etc. Advise management of issues as appropriate and recommend changes to assure adherence to new legislation. Provide policy interpretation and advises company personnel on a variety of variable compensation related issues.
Preferred Qualifications: Education:
- Certified Sales Compensation Professional
- professional and/or management experience in insurance sales, travel sales, customer service, small business administration, or product management
The Auto Club Group/AAA products and services
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment. Require travel throughout the assigned region.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource, Business Administration or a related field
Extensive experience in the design, development and implementation of variable pay, bonus and incentive plans, to include:
- Developing strategic framework
- Project management to implement plans design and associated initiatives
- Modeling potential plan design and outcomes
- Monitoring and reporting results
- Conducting cost/benefit analysis
- Conducting needs assessments to continuously improve processes
- Analysis of statistical data
- Problem identification and resolution
- Preparing and presenting proposals
- Business planning and consulting
- Researching, identifying and resolving complex business problems
Knowledge and Skills:
- variable compensation practices and methodologies
- variable pay plan industry trends
- measurement tools for monitoring goal achievement
- statistical methods and performance analysis techniques
- insurance industry variable pay plan practices
- benchmarking, market analysis and related compensation functions
- communicate effectively with others in a work environment
- develop and make presentations at large group meetings and to all levels of management
- identify requirements to support Company compensation initiatives (e.g. incentive funding allocation, etc.)
- provide direction and guidance to others
- coordinate multiple projects on a simultaneous basis
- develop procedures and guidelines to support compensation plans
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top