Travel Sales Development Specialist Job in Burnsville, MN | Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for creating sales entrepreneurs utilizing a strong foundation in proven selling skills and processes while collaborating with field management to maximize the business development opportunities that support overall Travel Agency initiatives. Will employ programs, tools and processes to increase travel sales, revenue and profitability.
Provide collaborative support to the Field Management to identify market opportunities, understand the market place and the competition; sharing best practices with Field Management and other Travel Sales Development Specialists. Communicates Travel updates to the Travel Agents and Field Management.
Provides oversight and/or assists management in the in the development, implementation and maintenance of new and/or revised sales and marketing plans that: meet member needs, build company revenue, promote travel sales and ensure meeting the corporate travel sales objectives within assigned region. Seeks cross promotional sales opportunities and develops business and communication plans for each assigned region.
Conducts regular visits to branch offices and management to discuss and /or implement travel sales and marketing initiatives. May act as a company representative in the interaction with local travel suppliers and vendor relationships.
Assists with the on-boarding of new Travel Agents and provides guidance and direction to Travel Agents in the ongoing development of critical sales and service skills. Monitors and assesses Travel Agent performance through on-site review, joint sales work, input from field management and production reports. Develops action plans to address specific performance gaps, and assists the Travel Agent in implementation. Guides the Travel Agent through cross/up-selling to grow Membership, Credit Cards and other ACG products. Provide feedback to management regarding progress of Travel Agent development plans.
Assists in the development of Travel Agent business plans. Assists Field Management in learning travel processes, prospecting and Travel Agent development skills in support of Travel productivity goals. Provides support to management as part of the field interview and selection process. Work in cooperation with field managers regarding Travel Agent performance in order to ensure the success of agency development goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, Travel, Liberal Arts or related field preferred.
- Certified Travel Counselor (CTC) designation preferred.
Works primarily in a temperature controlled office environment. Varying amounts of travel with occasional extended or overnight stays and out-of-state travel required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess valid driver's license
- Developing sales and/or marketing plans including annual objectives, strategies and programs for defined business segments
- Developing and motivating a sales team to meet or exceed the sales goals and objectives
- Analyzing territories and/or sales markets and developing plans to increase quality of existing business, cross selling products to existing customers, getting current customer to rebook another trip, and increasing market share
- Developing and supporting regional sales/marketing initiatives
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have demonstrated sales and marketing abilities.
- Knowledge of travel industry and standards
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and model skills needed to facilitate corrective action in various areas including product knowledge, prospecting, professionalism, closing techniques, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and develop others as a team for success
- Ability to identify trends and implement appropriate course of action, acting as a change management agent.
- Interpret reports and utilize tools to increase Travel Agent' performance
- Translate corporate goals into individual work plans
- Strong PC knowledge that includes word processing and spreadsheets.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top