The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Sell company travel products, including actively soliciting and promoting new business, with primary emphasis on tours and cruises. Actively participate in branch/regional level company or vendor sponsored sales events. Solicit travel sales through outbound prospecting activities. Develop and maintain personal trade clientele and obtains referrals from existing clientele. Provide professional guidance and counsel to customers regarding their travel requirements. Promote/sell preferred vendor's products and services. Offer ancillary products (hotel, car, TRIP insurance, travelers cheques) to enhance the primary travel purchase.
Advise customers of various travel conditions including customs, immigration and inoculation requirements, hygienic practices, and cancellation/change penalties. Close the sale by utilizing appropriate sales techniques, including trading customer up to higher yield suppliers. Consummate sales by making necessary travel arrangements to include reservation, collection of money, and processing of documents. Receive and resolve customer complaints. Maintain specified production standards and achieve revenue goal assigned by branch management.
May oversee the daily travel operation in an assigned location.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Successful completion of an approved travel school or substantial experience as a travel agent
- Planning and booking domestic and international travel itineraries to include computerized airline ticketing, cruises, tours, hotels, car rental, and related travel products
Knowledge and Skills:
- Sales techniques
- Market availability of travel products
- Travel conditions including customs, immigration and inoculation requirements, hygienic practices, political situations, monetary restrictions, and cancellation/change penalties
- Travel regulations including A.R.C. (Airline Reporting Corporation) and I.A.T.A.N.
- International Association of Travel Agency Network)
- Sell travel products
- Operate computerized reservation system equipment at required operating levels
- Communicate effectively in the work environment and with the public
- Perform basic mathematical calculations including percentages to complete travel sales transactions
- Solicit travel client prospects
- Present travel program offerings to groups of people
- Work irregular hours
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top