Tow Truck Operator, Emergency Roadside
- Jacksonville, FL
Tow Truck Operator, Emergency Roadside - The Auto Club Group
What you will do:
AAA is now hiring full time, experienced Tow Truck Operator to help assist our members with their roadside emergencies.
Be a part of AAA - a company known for providing best-in-class service to its members when they need help the most! There is nothing like the feeling of providing safety, security and peace of mind to members when they call for emergency roadside assistance.
Come to the rescue and save the day by:
· Operating a tow truck or a light service vehicle to provide Emergency Road Service (Roadside Assistance) to AAA members
· Identifying the vehicles problem and providing service (tire changes, fuel delivery, battery jumpstarts, minor mechanical adjustments, battery installations, lockout service, etc.)
· Provide or arrange for tow services when the vehicle cannot be started or is unsafe to drive
- Competitive base pay of $15.42/hour to start
- Shift premium for evening and overnight timeframes
- Overtime Opportunities
- Year-end bonus opportunities
How you will benefit:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Matching 401(k)
- Company provides:
- DOT Certification
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
- Complimentary AAA membership
- Tuition reimbursement
We're looking for candidates who:
AAA's everyday heroes
- Have experience operating a full-size or light service vehicle/tow truck and/or applicable service equipment
- Are able to demonstrate Great Customer Service
- Successfully complete drug screening, MVR and criminal background check, and DOT health screen
- Have a High school diploma or GED
- Are willing and able to work irregular hours, weekends, holidays and special events as required.
- Are willing to work in adverse weather conditions
- Are able to lift material weighing up to seventy-five (75) pounds
What it's like to work for us:
We serve our members by making their satisfaction our highest priority. We do what's right by sustaining an open, honest and ethical work environment. We lead in everything we do by offering best-in-class products, benefits and services. And we value our employees by seeking the best talent, rewarding high performance and holding ourselves accountable.
All in all, we create an inclusive and welcoming environment of diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints, realizing our differences make us stronger.
Who we are:
The Auto Club Group helps AAA Members enjoy life's journey with peace of mind by providing innovative solutions, advocacy and membership benefits wherever and whenever they need them. We currently conduct business in 13 states in the upper Midwest and the Southeast.
The Auto Club Group has established four long-term enterprise goals:
- Long-term, sustainable, profitable growth
- AAA Membership growth and renewal
- Operational excellence
- Become the "flagship club" of the AAA Federation
The above statements describe the principle and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfil these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top