Territory Sales Manager, Independent Agents
This is a home based position preferably in Central Iowa.
The travel requirement is up to 80% of the time.
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Responsible for the management, development and profitability of an assigned book of business in an assigned territory. Analyzes the market potential and the quality of an assigned book of business in order to identify potential problems and areas of improvement and growth. Analyzes competitor's rates via contacted independent agents and comparative rater. Manages, evaluates, and negotiates with independent agencies to achieve profitable premium growth. Develops and implements annual business plans and goal setting in order to service and retain existing customers, increase market penetration, and influence quality of business. Trains independent agents on ACIA products to ensure agency knowledge on products and procedures. Develops and communicates annual performance goals. Analyzes and monitors independent agent performance and provides regular performance feedback.
Identifies rollover opportunities, negotiates terms, leads rollover team in gathering information, and monitors progress of rollover on an ongoing basis. Assists upper management in developing annual corporate business plans and the hiring of assigned staff. Ensures adherence to corporate controls and state insurance regulations. Negotiates annual sales plans with independent agents to achieve annual premium plan.
Responsible for the market development and agency production support activities including: recruitment, scaling candidates, installation of candidates, on-going validation of training programs to ensure successful agency producers.
Works closely with the underwriting staff to resolve underwriting and compliance issues between underwriting and agents.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Spends a varying amount of time traveling in order to solicit and sell products and attend meetings with exposure to road hazards and temperature extremes. Assigned to a temperature controlled office location for use when not traveling.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- College level coursework in Business, Marketing, Insurance or other related field.
- Successful completion of appropriate State and any other applicable Property & Casualty and Life and Health Sales Licensing exams
- Possession of a valid State driver's license
- Five years demonstrating strong organizational, planning, time management and administrative skills through recent sales management and/or successful direct sales experience in an insurance, financial or related sales environment
Market development experience including:
- Analyzing territories and/or sales markets
- Developing strategic business plans to: increase the quality of existing business; retain existing customers; cross sell products to existing customers and increase overall market share
Leadership experience to include:
- Recruiting, installation and validation of newly hired employees
- Coaching, mentoring, challenging and enabling agency producers, and staff to successfully meet objectives and goals
Knowledge and Skills:
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders in order to share complex information (i.e., production numbers, margins, customer service data, customer defection analysis, in-force data, quality data, etc.) in a clear and understandable manner.
- Achieve and maintain insurance goals as defined by directors/vice-president
- Achieve and maintain customer service goals as defined by directors/vice-president
- Prospect and develop new sales opportunities in assigned territories
- Communicate and transition corporate goals into individual plans
- Interpret reports and utilize as tools to increase performance of agents
- Oversee the accurate assessment of insurance requirements consistent with company standards for writing policies
- Safely operate a motor vehicle in order to travel to various locations to attend meetings
- Represent Company in a professional and positive manager
- Identify quality independent insurance agencies for appointment with ACIA
- Achieve and maintain membership goals as defined by directors
- Willingness and ability to work in any assigned location throughout the state and to work irregular hours
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top