Territory Sales Leader- Meemic Job in Auburn Hills, MI | Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the management, development and profitability of a group of agencies in an assigned territory. Provide agency oversight to the development of business plans and execution, and analyze agency profit and loss information to identify problems and areas for improvement and growth. Analyze competitor's market position and deploy tactical programs to grow market share. Manage, evaluate and negotiate with exclusive agencies to achieve profitable premium growth. Provide oversight to organization controls and compliance and ensure on-going training and skilling to ensure a knowledgeable work force. Train agents on MEEMIC and Agency products to ensure agency knowledge of products and procedures. Develop and communicate annual performance goals and analyze and monitor exclusive agent performance to provide regular performance feedback.
Assist agents in the development of incremental opportunities by finding unaffiliated groups, underrepresented districts and building associations within underserved communities to ensure increasing production in assigned territories. Responsible for the market development and agency production support activities including: recruitment, scaling candidates, installation of candidates, on-going validation of training programs to ensure successful agency producers. Work closely with the underwriting staff to resolve underwriting and compliance issues between underwriting and agents.
Recruit, coach, mentor, challenge, enable and train agents on MEEMIC, Agency and/ or ACICF-ACSIC products as appropriate to ensure agent knowledge of products and procedures and assisting agents in developing business opportunities to increase production in assigned territory.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Insurance, Marketing or other related field
Work Environment :
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment. Spend a varying amount of time traveling in order to solicit and sell products and attend meetings with exposure to road hazards and temperature extremes. Assigned to a temperature controlled office location for use when not traveling.
- College level coursework in Business, Marketing, Insurance or other related field.
- Successful completion of appropriate State and any other applicable Property & Casualty Licensing exams.
- Possession of a valid State driver's license.
- Strong organizational, planning, time management and administrative skills demonstrated through recent (5-7 years) sales management and/or successful direct sales experience in an insurance, financial or related sales environment.
- Market development experience including analyzing territories and/or sales markets and developing strategic business plans to: increase the quality of existing business; retain existing customers; cross sell products to existing customers and increase overall market share.
- Leadership experience to include recruiting, installation and validation of newly hired employees.
- Leadership experience to include coaching, mentoring, challenging and enabling agency producers, and staff to successfully meet objectives and goals.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders in order to share complex information (i.e., production numbers, margins, customer service data, customer defection analysis, in-force data, quality data, etc.) in a clear and understandable manner.
Knowledge and Skills:
- achieving and maintaining insurance goals as defined by directors/vice-president
- modeling the skills needed to facilitate corrective action in various areas including product knowledge, prospecting, professionalism closing techniques, mentoring, etc.
- overseeing management business plans for the development of sales opportunities in assigned territories
- interpreting reports and utilizing them as tools to increase performance of managers
- achieving and maintaining customer service goals as defined by directors/vice-president
- prospecting and developing new sales opportunities in assigned territories
- communicating and transitioning corporate goals into individual plans
- overseeing the accurate assessment of insurance requirements consistent with company standards for writing policies
- safely operating a motor vehicle in order to travel to various locations to attend meetings
- representing Company in a professional and positive manager
- Willingness and ability to work in any assigned location throughout the state
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
CynthiaField Manager V
Cynthia oversees the day-to-day operations of an Ann Arbor Auto Club Group office, streamlining processes, interacting with members, and managing the sales of products and services.
Back to top