Supervisor, Sales & Service Job in Auburn Hills, MI | Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervises personnel engaged in the sales/servicing of ACG products in a call center environment. Participates in the selection, hiring, training and development of staff members. May coordinate and supervise new staff members during formal departmental training process. Schedules work hours and assigns job duties. Counsels and develops staff with respect to training and career advancement opportunities. Ensures availability of updated information regarding corporate products, including available discounts. Monitors calls and work product to evaluate individual and overall team performance. Monitors staff sales production and makes recommendations to improve results. Ensures adherence to corporate sales and underwriting guidelines. Monitors service levels, ready to serve time and other appropriate statistics to ensure delivery of quality service and modifies staff workloads as appropriate. Evaluates individual and overall team performance and provides constructive feedback.
Maintains call center expertise as needed to ensure resolution of problems and complaints. Assists in managing department resources and developing expense and staffing budget projections. Ensures adherence to cash management, process workflow and quality control procedures. Supervises and coordinates administrative support activities. Researches, analyzes and recommends process improvements and revisions to policies and procedures to enhance business operations.
Provides customer service as necessary during peak call periods.
- Possession of property/casualty insurance sales license.
- Selling goods or services
- Investigation and resolution of sales related problems
- direct sales
- The sales and/or service of TACG products
- A supervisory capacity within a Customer/Call Center environment
- The Auto Club Group (TACG) products and services
- Call center systems and metrics
- Coordinate agent licensing activities
- Coordinate departmental training functions
- Strong organization, planning, time management and administrative skills demonstrated through recent professional and/or management experience in sales, product management, customer service, or business administration.
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
- College level coursework in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or a related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Successful completion of The Auto Club Group Leadership Training Program
- Attain (within 6 months) and maintain state insurance sales licenses for The Auto Club Group as appropriate.
- Leadership including sound decision making
- Quality service techniques and coaching
- Organizing and planning
- Mentoring new employees in the techniques used in successful servicing/selling of members/customers
- Working under pressure
- Providing direct customer service in a call center environment
- Operating a personal computer
- Navigating through a PC Windows environment, including accessing information from multiple applications
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of insurance products and industry.
- Team building and motivational techniques
- Customer service skills
- Supervisory ability to include:
- Team building
- Decision making
- Managing employee performance
- Successfully complete appropriate training relative to all ACG products and services
- Successfully complete Customer Care training and certification courses
- Supervise the work of others in a fast-paced environment
- Government regulations pertaining to area of business
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
- Resolve complex issues
- Prepare and conduct presentations for all levels of staff and management
- Maintain accurate records
- Maintain appropriate credentials as needed
- Support and reconcile cash drawers (PPS)
- Present complex information in a clear, concise manner
- Willingness and ability to work irregular hours, weekends and/or holidays as needed.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top